• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer's Best Thread - "Show Yourself"

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Disclaimer: this is not directed at any person, and is not forcing you to do anything other than respect others.

Although I'm 150% certain this will be buried in the selfies, I'm gonna go ahead and state my opinion.
I don't know why people are so nervous about letting people know how they look. Now, personal information like a Facebook account isn't something you want out there. But a simple photo of you? Is it because you're afraid you don't look good? Well, if someone out there (and I know we all do it a little.) judges you on your appearance, then they're doing it wrong. Give people the benefit of the doubt, and they won't make fun of you, or tease you, or cyber bully you based off a photo. Just because you don't look the best doesn't mean you're a worse person. That's the beauty of Internet friends: even on a day where you look like cr*p, your voice is the same. You're the same. If you judge someone based off their photo, for better or for worse, it's not going to be valid. Photos are fun to share, to know who you're talking to. But to anyone out there who doesn't want to post because they're worried about their looks, I'm sure you're just as beautiful as all of us. Lets not let this petty stuff get anyone down, kay?
I personally don't show my "real face" because I never really saw a need. I wouldn't think of myself as unattractive. I was always extremely satisfied with the way I look to be honest. So I'm not really concerned about that. If I was constantly asked to show myself, then I probably would. But at the moment, like said earlier, I see no need.

That being said, a partial reason lots of people don't is because this community is made up of a lot of people 13 or so or younger. People at younger ages are usually very over-secure on online, mostly due to parental restrictions and warnings. When I was 12 or so, I would never even think about saying my age online, let alone talking online.

Now, when it comes to names, I'm never going to be sharing my name. I find that people honestly don't need it, and they can call me so many other names I'd much rather prefer. I have no problem with my name, but that's something more personal.

Finally, there are some weirdos online. And as humorous as it might sound, there very well might be a pedophile or a stalker, or just your typical "sex-crazed" teenager on the forums. If they find someone extremely attractive, well, fappity fap fap fap. It's kind of disgusting if you think about it, but it's the way it works.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
I personally don't show my "real face" because I never really saw a need. I wouldn't think of myself as unattractive. I was always extremely satisfied with the way I look to be honest. So I'm not really concerned about that. If I was constantly asked to show myself, then I probably would. But at the moment, like said earlier, I see no need.

That being said, a partial reason lots of people don't is because this community is made up of a lot of people 13 or so or younger. People at younger ages are usually very over-secure on online, mostly due to parental restrictions and warnings. When I was 12 or so, I would never even think about saying my age online, let alone talking online.

Now, when it comes to names, I'm never going to be sharing my name. I find that people honestly don't need it, and they can call me so many other names I'd much rather prefer. I have no problem with my name, but that's something more personal.

Finally, there are some weirdos online. And as humorous as it might sound, there very well might be a pedophile or a stalker, or just your typical "sex-crazed" teenager on the forums. If they find someone extremely attractive, well, fappity fap fap fap. It's kind of disgusting if you think about it, but it's the way it works.
I couldnt agree more, even though I have shown myself already :p
In my case, I could say bakc when I was 12/13 I thought the same way, I would have never said my age or even mention the country I am from. I think the only part wich I cant do yet is talk online, maybe someday I'll be able to, but right now its very difficult for me to do it and its also something I cant dare to do for a reason I dont understand yet. (funny how I was able to show myself and yet I am too afraid of talking online lol)

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You don't know how many times I go out in public and wonder if anyone would ever recognize me from the internet.
(hint: it's all the time)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You don't know how many times I go out in public and wonder if anyone would ever recognize me from the internet.
(hint: it's all the time)
That's weird Bobo :p

I want to be recognized though...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci