• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer's ability for easy ban bypass

Reaction score
Hi, some of you may know me, I haven't been on this site in around 7 months so I decided I'd visit for memories. I'd just like to say something. I was banned January 2013 permanently on false accusations and was a player back in November 2011. I'm not complaining about it, it's well in the past considering it was 3 years ago and I'm over it. But, from the start of 2015, I managed to play this server till November (I quit) on another account named Delhi. This account is still not banned to this day. Using another account to bypass a ban is against the rules, but there seems to be no way to stop it. Go ahead, ban my other account. But I would strongly suggest another feature to ensure this is a lot harder.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Hi, some of you may know me, I haven't been on this site in around 7 months so I decided I'd visit for memories. I'd just like to say something. I was banned January 2013 permanently on false accusations and was a player back in November 2011. I'm not complaining about it, it's well in the past considering it was 3 years ago and I'm over it. But, from the start of 2015, I managed to play this server till November (I quit) on another account named Delhi. This account is still not banned to this day. Using another account to bypass a ban is against the rules, but there seems to be no way to stop it. Go ahead, ban my other account. But I would strongly suggest another feature to ensure this is a lot harder.
I think that they have the ability to do an IP ban if a user gets caught bypassing a perm ban with an alt account. Don't quote me on that. You are right though it is difficult for someone to get caught again.

Axanite | Liam

Plate head.
Reaction score
I think that they have the ability to do an IP ban if a user gets caught bypassing a perm ban with an alt account. Don't quote me on that. You are right though it is difficult for someone to get caught again.
While there may be the possibility of doing an IP ban (don't quote me, I'm not too sure - moderators cannot do them, if so.) - we do not typically use them as we take into consideration people who use the same IP (brothers, sisters, cousins, friends, etc.) For this reason, we can only just carry on banning people once we find the accounts. Plus - anyone with some knowledge of computers and networking would be able to find a way around an IP Ban as there are many methods out there.

Axanite | Liam

Plate head.
Reaction score
The way I see this is, while it may be easy to bypass the ban that has been put in place, at the end of the day, the ban is there for a reason. Not to bypass it, but rather to make you realise what you've done is wrong. In your case, maybe what you haven't done wrong if what you're saying is true but that is also why we have the dispute process. Have you ever tried thinking of that? :)

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
While there may be the possibility of doing an IP ban (don't quote me, I'm not too sure - moderators cannot do them, if so.) - we do not typically use them as we take into consideration people who use the same IP (brothers, sisters, cousins, friends, etc.) For this reason, we can only just carry on banning people once we find the accounts. Plus - anyone with some knowledge of computers and networking would be able to find a way around an IP Ban as there are many methods out there.
Last time they tried to IP ban someone the whole US server got banned :^)
Thanks for clarifying.

I'm not really sure how you'd make it harder anyway. I think the point of the ban is to just teach you about your mistakes. Those committed to the community enough to bypass it probably learned their lesson. If I remember, something like that happened to OhFancy.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying.

I'm not really sure how you'd make it harder anyway. I think the point of the ban is to just teach you about your mistakes. Those committed to the community enough to bypass it probably learned their lesson. If I remember, something like that happened to OhFancy.
Oh, I never had anything wrong with having an account banned on the same IP, mistaking it for me. I never switched account either, I just didn't like my reputation on that account. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci