• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Timeline

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe move the last two lines and 'Thank you' from the centre so that it's clearer that it isn't part of the timeline? Other than that it's a great thread and a good idea.

FadingPixels

Career
Reaction score
If you keep adding more dates to this thread it may be pinned or considered as one of the 'best' threads!

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Might I add something about various PvP eras? This stuff isn't factual, it's just information on how people have fought across various time periods. Tell me if I get something wrong, just recalling this stuff.

Beta:
Simple PvP that included combat with mobs. Picaxes, axes, and shovels could all be found in chests. Only melee weapons and the bow used in combat.
Leaderboard Reset to the end of summer 2012
Similar to above, but no more picaxes found in chests and flint and steel comes into use. Various figures take the stage as the best PvPers, such as OMGjustin, 3crowns, Blamph, SixZoSeven, muffinbeaner, and more. Strafing and clicking speed becomes more recognized as important during this time. Block hitting used rarely and heavily criticized.
Summer of 2012 to the fall of 2012
The Breeze Island and SG 4 era. These two maps played overwhelmingly and PvP started to expand to include the fishing rod and more effective use of the flint and steel, probably because of the small size of these two maps.
Fall of 2012 to the end of MCSGv1
Several new maps added, such as Teweran, Kharmunrah, and SG Ruins. PvP becomes slower paced as more players adopt defensive tactics popularized by egrodo. 180 bow shots, choke points, offensive flint and steel, and blocking arrows popularized. Fishing rod tactic becomes well known among all serious players.
MCSGv2 to April 2013
Period with greatest disparities between players of different skill. For better players, this was probably one of the easiest times to win. Gravey4rd takes control of the top of the leaderboards and hit 1,000 wins. Hiqhlights popularized as best US player while Elgoldo and Noahsailer pioneer creative flint and steel tactics. The abundance of food, armor, diamond, and tier two chests makes MCSG far more PvP based, causing importance to be placed on statistics. Mobs and survival aspect removed.
April 2013 to October 2013
Increased importance and popularity of clans. Summer brings an abundance of new maps and inflation of points and wins. Increased value placed on equipment and ping in combat, rather than skill. Fist glitch seen as major annoyance. Youtubers become much more common.
October 2013 to May 2014
Sprint key added and many new, important features. PvP becomes more connection based. Leaderboards start to be declared too inflated, with too many wins. Offensive flint and steel perfected by many, as Huahwi gains popularity. The common MCSGer becomes knowledgeable about all aspects of PvP. Much of the aging community leaves. Leaderboards explode in terms of wins, with players with over 1,000 wins becoming a regular occurrence. Limits of PvP possibilities declared found by many. Hacker explosion on EU begins. Massive increase in teams seen globally. Trash talk becomes commonplace. AS removed.
May 2014 to September 2014
"The Great Youtuber Disaster"; Several major, famous youtubers leave. Community doomsday sentiment begins. Frustration with staff, teams, hackers, etc... cause many people to leave or move on. Other games begin to partially overshadow and interlock with the MCG community. AntVenom Merge announced. Livestreams gain popularity.
September 2014 to MCGv2
Return of several youtubers. Excitement and argument over the leaderboard reset cause possible tryharding. Greater percentage of players play on US. Community drawn somewhat closer together. Livestreams further popularized.
MCGv2
Several gamemodes added, two extra leaderboards added, as well as several other important new features.

Much of this is just my own observations, opinions, and what I remember, so don't expect me to be completely correct.​

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci