• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer: The Goods, and Bads.

W0lfe

Survivor
Reaction score
image.jpg

image.jpg

These are some of the goods, and bads that have happened on the MCGamer Network.
On this list, I will not include, Players that were banned or who resigned from staff on the servers, Minecraft Version Updates and The Minecraft Name changes.

Goods [+]

- The Stats Reset. Although it took a while, I think it made the MCGamer servers fresher, and more competetive. The only downside is that it doesn't require as much skill to win games, as doolanbros stated on one of his threads by the name of "Rant".

- Breeze Islands removal. This map was extremely annoying. The lack of tier two's made it really hard to get gear, and everyone struggled to kill one another because of the water that continuously surrounded the map. The only downside is that this was an original map. Some of the older players (who have quit) enjoyed this map, but some didn't.

- The Cleansweep Missions. By these missions being held in every region, including AU, EU, US and CA, many hackers got banned. These missions were setup by Sr. Staff members, who try and improve the community as much as possible. They might stuff up here and there, but at they end of the day, they mean well :)

- Permanently banning hackers. For a long time, many people complained about this issue. "Hackers ruin the game, perm ban them!!" "Target the hackers, they shouldn't be playing!!!" was what many players heard or said for a long, long time. Chad finally said "Righto, had enough of this crap" and implemented the first offense perm ban rule.

- The /Mask feature, for donators. This is an amazing feature which allows you to change what colour name you look like. Players could see you as an iron donor, or they could see you as a gold donor. This always leaves you seconds guessing about what rank the player really is. And whether he is disguised or not "Is he a gold, or platinum?". I wish I had the money for this feature :(

Bads [-]

- The MCGamer Version Two Update. This was one of the most stressful times for players all around the world. There were so many bugs, V1 was perfectly fine and no one liked this update at all! I do not see why they would change something that was so good, to something slightly worse. They pretty much turned it into AntVenom's server completely. AntVenom + The SG Gamemodes (MCSG, Catching Fire, SG Classic).

- The Hub, and Lobbies. Back in the day when the Lobby Games had a reason for it's name. This was the most loved Lobby that was ever made, ever. I could pick this lobby over a Vareide map. Easily. The new lobby doesn't get anywhere close to being as good as the old Lobby. The hub was incredible aswell. All of the hard work, and effort, put into a hub, that existed for 4 months? I mean, that is abit harsh.

- Freeze Island? This map was absolutely amazing. It was built by Kraken a long time ago. Although it was removed, it is easily one of my favourite maps. They removed Breeze, now it is time to bring back good ol' Freeze ;)

- LeafyGreenTea. It was only lag?!?

Feel free to leave your own opinion. If I think it is important enough, I will add it in!
Thankyou :)

Christian

Experienced
Reaction score
As others have said, I can also agree with most of the things on this list :)

One thing I personally think is a "Good" is the addition of the global chat and friends/parties feature. It makes it quite a bit easier to talk to friends and other players, and to also play on MCGamer with your friends!

Quantum
Reaction score
I agree with every Good Thing, but I don't agree with some of the Bad Things.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
View attachment 46296
View attachment 46297

These are some of the goods, and bads that have happened on the MCGamer Network.
On this list, I will not include, Players that were banned or who resigned from staff on the servers, Minecraft Version Updates and The Minecraft Name changes.

Goods [+]

- The Stats Reset. Although it took a while, I think it made the MCGamer servers fresher, and more competetive. The only downside is that it doesn't require as much skill to win games, as doolanbros stated on one of his threads by the name of "Rant".

- Breeze Islands removal. This map was extremely annoying. The lack of tier two's made it really hard to get gear, and everyone struggled to kill one another because of the water that continuously surrounded the map. The only downside is that this was an original map. Some of the older players (who have quit) enjoyed this map, but some didn't.

- The Cleansweep Missions. By these missions being held in every region, including AU, EU, US and CA, many hackers got banned. These missions were setup by Sr. Staff members, who try and improve the community as much as possible. They might stuff up here and there, but at they end of the day, they mean well :)

- Permanently banning hackers. For a long time, many people complained about this issue. "Hackers ruin the game, perm ban them!!" "Target the hackers, they shouldn't be playing!!!" was what many players heard or said for a long, long time. Chad finally said "Righto, had enough of this crap" and implemented the first offense perm ban rule.

- The /Mask feature, for donators. This is an amazing feature which allows you to change what colour name you look like. Players could see you as an iron donor, or they could see you as a gold donor. This always leaves you seconds guessing about what rank the player really is. And whether he is disguised or not "Is he a gold, or platinum?". I wish I had the money for this feature :(

Bads [-]

- The MCGamer Version Two Update. This was one of the most stressful times for players all around the world. There were so many bugs, V1 was perfectly fine and no one liked this update at all! I do not see why they would change something that was so good, to something slightly worse. They pretty much turned it into AntVenom's server completely. AntVenom + The SG Gamemodes (MCSG, Catching Fire, SG Classic).

- The Hub, and Lobbies. Back in the day when the Lobby Games had a reason for it's name. This was the most loved Lobby that was ever made, ever. I could pick this lobby over a Vareide map. Easily. The new lobby doesn't get anywhere close to being as good as the old Lobby. The hub was incredible aswell. All of the hard work, and effort, put into a hub, that existed for 4 months? I mean, that is abit harsh.

- Freeze Island? This map was absolutely amazing. It was built by Kraken a long time ago. Although it was removed, it is easily one of my favourite maps. They removed Breeze, now it is time to bring back good ol' Freeze ;)

- LeafyGreenTea. It was only lag?!?

Feel free to leave your own opinion. If I think it is important enough, I will add it in!
Thankyou :)
Great thread! Loved reading all these opinions of yours. However the thing about Breeze Island, is that it's one of the classics. It was the 4th map EVER added to MCSG, and the first map to be added by people other than Team Vareide. It's upsetting to see it go and that we couldn't really do anything about it to fix it. Of course I did hate how at the end of MCSG v1 the only maps people would play are SG4 or Breeze Island, but now that something like this is gone, it's kinda hard to say goodbye to it :(

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
It'd great to see polite and non "rant" like threads about the pros and cons omg MCGamer. Your thread is very nice and I agree with it. I also loved Freeze Island a lot, as it contained one of my most op routes. Let's hope that it maybe will come back. :D

CultHD

Experienced
Reaction score
So sad that Breeze is gone. :c

And also I'm back with my hate for teams.
I think you should have included for bad that they didn't make solo and team queues.

Tuatara

District 13
Reaction score
I disagree with about 50% of this, but I will not start an argument, as it will cause flame.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci