• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Must Take Action Against DDoSers

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
.... I just explained we can't, how could we prove that it's actually the person threatning to DDOS and not someone which changed his name?
You have to be open to ideas. Only a few people have seen this thread.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
There is no possible way to say that these people are from MCGamer, and should be punished for it. We can't prove that they did it because of MCGamer, and therefore we can't punish them.

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
But the majority of these DDoSers are indeed from MCSG/MCGamer clans. Those TeamSpeaks may not be MCGamer's platforms, but they only came to be because of MCSG/MCGamer.
Wtf kid you get hit off for 20 seconds and write his or something?
You're gonna get dosed more now probs....
Also mcgamer won't auto install a botnet blocker on everyone's computers....

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
wow, my comment was deleted xD, but just don't talk crap to random people on a teamspeak, because you never know who it is, and btw retro that thing you said wasn't me.. it was camalops acting like me....

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
One way that I have come up with, is that even if it's on another Teamspeak server or Minecraft server, if anyone threatens to DDoS and the victim has evidence of them threatening them, they should be given a 2 week ban off of MCGamer.
We actually already do this. Except it's not 2 weeks; it's permanent. I guess we are doing something about it after all.
If someone were to threaten to DDoS someone, and that person does end up with their internet dropping, then it would be a 4 week ban even if they weren't the DDoSer, simply because they were a part of a direct DDoS.
Now that is both circumstantial and highly dangerous. If Person A threatens to DDoS Person B (and Person A is apparently not punished for it), and Person B's internet goes out, your argument jumps to the assumption that Person A is to blame. What if Person B is actually being DDoSed by another party, Person C? Person A would be punished for something they didn't actually do, whilst the true perpetrator would be getting away with it. And what if Person B's internet goes out for an innocent reason, like router failure, network maintenance, or simply bad connection? Person A would be punished for something they had no actual hand in. This is a classic case of the Post hoc ergo propter hoc falacy.

To say that we're doing nothing to combat DDoSers is a misconception. The staff has gotten rid of quite a few DDoSers successfully by scrubbing our system of them quite thoroughly.
But to simply assume that any current DDoSing is the result of MCGamer neglect or apathy, and not the inherent difficulty of actually finding and stopping these people, is insulting to be quite frank.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Okay, so let me clear some stuff up for you guys.

Just because your internet goes out, does not mean you are receiving a DDoS attack, so please do not jump to assumptions. In addition, let me make this clear when I say we do care about the community! It is the moderator's responsibility to make sure that the community stays safe, and that is what we are trying to do. Can we catch every single rulebreaker? I wish. If you ever come across someone making DDoS threats, please report them at http://report.mcgamer.info! Thanks for reading!

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay, so let me clear some stuff up for you guys.

Just because your internet goes out, does not mean you are receiving a DDoS attack, so please do not jump to assumptions. In addition, let me make this clear when I say we do care about the community! It is the moderator's responsibility to make sure that the community stays safe, and that is what we are trying to do. Can we catch every single rulebreaker? I wish. If you ever come across someone making DDoS threats, please report them at http://report.mcgamer.info! Thanks for reading!
So what I'm getting from this is that you can get people banned for DDoS threats? Sweet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci