• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Must Take Action Against DDoSers

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hello MCGamer. ProfessorRetro here, and today I am bringing to you all a thread that might possibly change nothing, simply because I'm really frustrated.

As most of you may know, these days, hackers and bad sports aren't the only things ruining these amazing servers. One group of people contributing to these are known as "DDoSers". These people have access to a certain thing called a "booter" or a "stress tester", which they use to send an overload of packets to your internet and or a server. This basically makes your internet useless. A lot of clans these days have access to booters, and a large majority of these "DDoSers" are a part of big MCSG clans.

This leads me into my reasoning as to why MCGamer should be taking action against these DDoSers. These people belong to MCSG/MCGamer clans, which is a sub-forum on it's forums. In my opinion, this gives MCSG/MCGamer the responsibility of dealing with DDoSers within these clans. From my personal experience, these DDoSers are DDoSing for a couple of reasons:

• To feel powerful
  • To blackmail into receiving something
  • Anger
  • As a form of revenge (related to anger)
  • Miscellaneous reasons (i.e, DDoSing an opposing clan in a clan battle so the player would lose connection to the server)
These people being DDoSed are coming in contact with their DDoSers through MCSG/MCGamer. Hence, in my opinion, MCSG/MCGamer should be taking action against these DDoSers.

How could MCGamer take action against these DDoSers? Well, I've come up with a few possible ways, but they have their flaws, which is why I'm asking you, the community, to pitch in your own ideas so we can make this a rule with consequences.

One way that I have come up with, is that even if it's on another Teamspeak server or Minecraft server, if anyone threatens to DDoS and the victim has evidence of them threatening them, they should be given a 2 week ban off of MCGamer. If someone were to threaten to DDoS someone, and that person does end up with their internet dropping, then it would be a 4 week ban even if they weren't the DDoSer, simply because they were a part of a direct DDoS. Now, I understand that there is no 100% way to confirm that someone DDoSed, but you have to use common sense here. The flaws that I have discovered with this system is that someone could simply change their name on TeamSpeak so that they could frame someone else for DDoS. I have no counter to this.

If you were to disagree with me with how you can be banned for threatening to DDoS, think of it this way. You can be banned off of MCGamer for saying you hack, even if you aren't.

So, MCGamer Community, please put in your own ideas so we can help reach a mutual agreement as a community and try to make this a proper rule with consequences: Do not DDoS.

*I understand I have posted this in probably the wrong section, so if I have, could a moderator kindly move this somewhere else?*

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
If it didn't happen on our platform we can't held anyone responsible for what they said on other servers / chat clients. As you said, you have to use common sense, you can't punish someone for something you can't proof it was actually him.

Also, if you weren't aware, DDOS-ing is illegal. If someone is DDOS-ing you and you got sufficient proof that it was him that threatned you, you should report it to your local police department.

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If it didn't happen on our platform we can't held anyone responsible for what they said on other servers / chat clients. As you said, you have to use common sense, you can't punish someone for something you can't proof it was actually him.

Also, if you weren't aware, DDOS-ing is illegal. If someone is DDOS-ing you and you got sufficient proof that it was him that threatned you, you should report it to your local police department.
But the majority of these DDoSers are indeed from MCSG/MCGamer clans. Those TeamSpeaks may not be MCGamer's platforms, but they only came to be because of MCSG/MCGamer.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
But the majority of these DDoSers are indeed from MCSG/MCGamer clans. Those TeamSpeaks may not be MCGamer's platforms, but they only came to be because of MCSG/MCGamer.
You can't hold MCGamer reposible for that.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Actually, DDoSing is a federal crime, regardless of how small the target is. Also, with the ban suggestions, there's nothing to worry about, because as I've seen in the rules that any DDoS threats or actions (If having sufficient evidence) will result in a no tolerance ban, because of how it is a criminal activity. Overall, it is a intolerable action.

However, what remains a question to me now, is that why do people go as far to practicing a federal crime over a video game, and more insignificantly, one mere round of MCSG? Especially in clans, performing a crime like that, and succeeding would just prove to show that nothing is gained except that false dignity of winning, unfairly. But over a video game, I just don't understand, they already have access to some serious tools that are considered a crime, and yet using it over a video game seems unnecessary... :/

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Doesn't MCGamer care about it's players? That's why I'm saying MCGamer should now be taking the next step and taking responsibility.
We care, that's why we take actions against DDOSing, alsong as the evidence is sufficient, which is only on our server. Why only on our servers? Because we are not able to check if it's actually the person when the evidence has been taken on another server / teamspeak.

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We care, that's why we take actions against DDOSing, alsong as the evidence is sufficient, which is only on our server. Why only on our servers? Because we are not able to check if it's actually the person when the evidence has been taken on another server / teamspeak.
DDoSers aren't stupid enough to DDoS on MCSG's servers. That's why nothing is being done..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci