• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Gazette - Hiring Reporters & GRAPHIC ARTIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Just wondering, would you like another person who can talk about clans? I'd consider myself to be 'up there' not to mention I own one of the best AU clans and actively look at other regions clan related news, etc.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just wondering, would you like another person who can talk about clans? I'd consider myself to be 'up there' not to mention I own one of the best AU clans and actively look at other regions clan related news, etc.
I was actually thinking of you when I thought of the clan section. I will talk to ApplesFTW to see if he would be able to change. I would love to have you on board the team. Just post an application below and I will sort out the section.

Edit: I have talked to ApplesFTW and he has changed to the map section, so you can apply for the clan section now. :)

Last edited:

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
IGN: My IGN is Darkrai202

English (Grammar) Skills: (Scale 1-10): I'd have to give myself around a 7-8.. I'm not the best at English however I think I'm good enough for the job.

Practice Paragraph (Write a paragraph about something related to MCGamer.): MCSG, the game we've all come to love is much more complicated than your classic Minecraft experience. For a start, MCSG has became one of the most popular mini-games/gamemodes. Why this is? Well, that's a simple answer. The sheer amount of effort put into the plugin by the developers is astounding! Their hard work, dedication shows their love to MCSG. MCSG, also has an amazing forum community that is a great place to make a home. Now, moving onto more competitive things that make the game interesting.

Now, you've seen the soft, cute and cuddly side of MCSG, but there's another side to the game. This is where things get competitive, clans. Clans are a group of people who made a team and fight it out to become the best, sure are those that do it just for fun but there are others who strive to be the best.

Recently in the clan section we've had an interesting turn of events, moderators which were previously not allowed to belong to a clan have had a special surprise, the higher staff at MCgamer have changed that rule, mods are now allowed in clans with a few exceptions of clans they are not allow to join. Those clans are the following which are 'blacklisted'

- The Forgotten
- The Rebels
- The Legends

Following on from here, an interesting occurrence happened in the EU region. The #1 EU clan, TheLegends were defeated by the newly found and merciless HellFire. Will this event change EU forever? Find out on the next edition, Darkrai out.

Section you want to write: The section is basically the subject you will talk about in every edition e.g. clans.): Clans

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
IGN: ImTheNarwhal
English (Grammar) Skills: (Scale 1-10) 6, Although when it comes to important things 7-8.
Practice Paragraph (Write a paragraph about something related to MCGamer.): Hello everyone! Today I would like to talk to everyone about the recent threads made in the Community Corner. A quite popular thread was the on made by Faxulous, He talks about his MCSG story and why he is leaving the community. Zniz also made his MCSG story. Captain, A former MCSG moderator also left the community, It was one of the longest threads ever made on the MCSG forums! He talks about how he isn't interested in MCSG anymore and wants to continue his role as Sr Moderator on TheSlideMC. It has been a happy and sad week for MCSG as so many people have made interesting threads and goodbye threads.

On other news! PiixL has Opened up a new art shop in the art section of the forums! He has already made a clan banner for #Generals! I think this thread will get quite popular as he is quite an artist. He even made a new Team Elite logo!
It has received over 15 likes within 2 days of the post! What do you think? http://i.imgur.com/x11yT7c.jpg

Section you want to write:(The section is basically the subject you will talk about in every edition e.g. clans.) Art and Clans as I have had a lot of experience with clans and I am quite active in that area of the forums.

I can also do decent graphics depending on what you would like, If you would like to add me on Skype to discuss, Go ahead!

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, folks, but the staff is going to put a hiatus on this right now. I see a few issues that must be resolved first before this becomes a thing.

For those of you with memory of another similar publication, Captain's Community Panel, the case here is very similar.

First off, you are not created by, endorsed, or supported by Chad nor the MCGamer Administration. As such, you are not allowed to have the MCGamer tag since you are using the community name in a representative fashion without the prior consent, authorization, or communication with Chad or the Admins. We don't want people getting confused that the "MCGamer Gazette" is the official publication of MCGamer because it wears our tag yet isn't made by or monitored by the MCGamer's higher staff. You can't make Coka-Cola magazine with all the logos and trademarks without prior consent of Coke themselves.

Secondly, the staff does not believe that having a player-run publication is the best way to discuss staff changes and decisions. Even if the person doing the reporting is a mod, they are still doing so in a publication not supported by the staff he/she is reporting on. As such, the lack of oversight could lead to misrepresentation and miscommunication of the actual events. Furthermore, from a policy standpoint, that would could as staff leaking potentially-sensitive information, which is grounds for immediate demotion.

Lastly, I am currently overseeing a very similar project that would be authorized to report along similar lines with greater credibility. I am not authorized to publish any more information, nor is the publication approved of by Chad yet, but I can say this: interested reporters, stay tuned.

Thread Locked. Velocity, when you are able, please hop on our TS to discuss this matter with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci