• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Gazette - Hiring Reporters & GRAPHIC ARTIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
NEED GRAPHIC DESIGNER URGENTLY, BUT STILL NEED REPORTERS!

Hey MCGamer,​

I have decided to start a monthly newsletter sort of thing that will keep all of MCGamer informed. This will have all the latest news from clan battles to staff changes. Below are the two applications you can use to apply for either writer of graphic designer. Each reporter will be in charge of writing and researching their section (clans, staff changes etc.)

I will need the following position filled and I will be only accepting the best:

(4/6 2 spaces left!) Reporters
Need to have great English and grammar. Experienced in their section and good writing skills. Act in a professional manor and to be able to be able to write a their section for each edition. People of any age can apply, but will be accepted on their writing skills.

The following sections have to be fulfilled by someone:​
• Clan Section - Preferably someone who is involved in the big clans or runs the clan battles. You will have to be able to report all of the big/surprising clan battles of the month. You will need to be able to report also on big names joining or leaving different clans.
• Staff Changes - Preferably a staff member. You will have to report all staff promotions / resignations of that month.
• Map Section - Review the latest and most popular maps created by the MCGamer community for MCSG.

If you want to create another section in the application put your proposed section and what you will include in it.​

Application:
Code:
IGN:
Practice Paragraph (Write a paragraph about something related to MCGamer.):
Section you want to write:(The section is basically the subject you will talk about in every edition e.g. clans.)
ACCEPTED Reporters:
[B]ApplesFTW[/B] - Section: Map Section
[B]Lively[/B] - Section: Staff Matters
[B]Matt_The Dreamer[/B] - Section: NBA
[B]bazookapc[/B] - Section: NBA

(1) Graphic Designers.
People of any age can apply for a graphic designer, but they have to be good. I am going to help you with designing as I am also a graphic designer. You will be required to make banners for each section etc.

Application:
Code:
IGN:
GFX Skills: (Scale 1-10):
If you are accepted I will contact you on Skype and give you more information.​

Last edited:

ApplesFTW

Experienced
Reaction score
This seems like a cool idea... Not sure about others.

ApplesFTW

Experienced
Reaction score
YOLO

IGN: DividableApples
English (Grammar): Am I suppose to rate myself? I guess 8.7
Skills: (Scale 1-10): 8.3
Practice Paragraph (Write a paragraph about something related to MCGamer.): I admire what MCSG has done, they came together not just as a simple Minecraft server, but as a complete community on its own, most come to this community with good intentions, like I have, others come in and try to cause mischief, anger, and chaos which can easily ruin the playing experience of other players.
Section you want to write: I would like to write about Clans.

Last edited:

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Section you want to write: What am I suppose to write on here? I'll edit this.
The section is basically the subject you will talk about in every edition e.g. clans.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
YOLO

IGN: DividableApples
English (Grammar): Am I suppose to rate myself? I guess 8.7
Skills: (Scale 1-10): 8.3
Practice Paragraph (Write a paragraph about something related to MCGamer.): I admire what MCSG has done, they came together not just as a simple Minecraft server, but as a complete community on its own, most come to this community with good intentions, like I have, others come in and try to cause mischief, anger, and chaos which can easily ruin the playing experience of other players.
Section you want to write: I would like to write about Clans.
ACCEPTED, I will add you on Skype.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
IGN: AlgerWaterlow
Writing Level: 9.5 (I have omitted extraneous pronouns here and there when feeling lazy.)

Writing Sample: Ever wonder what the administrators of MCGamer will do next? Do you wish your voice was heard more in the community? The MCGamer administration crew has recently started holding Q&A sessions for the community to participate in on the MCGamer Teamspeak server.

This service is a great way for the regular participants of the MCGamer network to connect with and ask questions of the game staff. Questions involving the development of the Survival Games, popularly known as Hunger Games, fall to administrators such as Bic or developers such as Forairan or subv3rs1on.

At the last of such meetings, the administrator Bic fielded questions of differing variety. Most of the questions originated from one TiffanySherman with others chiming in as the mood struck them. Other members in attendance, in addition to myself, were: stephacality, MsMissyMinecraft, and even a senior moderator, KellieBreanne.

I would insert quotes, but I wasn't exactly paying attention to the Teamspeak chat that night. If I were there to report on the event, I would be in the channel with a notebook and pen, scrawling down possible Q&As for quotation. I hope this multi-paragraph column example was satisfactory. I wish to apply for the YouTube column(s). Thank you for your consideration!

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
IGN: AlgerWaterlow
Writing Level: 9.5 (I have omitted extraneous pronouns here and there when feeling lazy.)

Writing Sample: Ever wonder what the administrators of MCGamer will do next? Do you wish your voice was heard more in the community? The MCGamer administration crew has recently started holding Q&A sessions for the community to participate in on the MCGamer Teamspeak server.

This service is a great way for the regular participants of the MCGamer network to connect with and ask questions of the game staff. Questions involving the development of the Survival Games, popularly known as Hunger Games, fall to administrators such as Bic or developers such as Forairan or subv3rs1on.

At the last of such meetings, the administrator Bic fielded questions of differing variety. Most of the questions originated from one TiffanySherman with others chiming in as the mood struck them. Other members in attendance, in addition to myself, were: stephacality, MsMissyMinecraft, and even a senior moderator, KellieBreanne.

I would insert quotes, but I wasn't exactly paying attention to the Teamspeak chat that night. If I were there to report on the event, I would be in the channel with a notebook and pen, scrawling down possible Q&As for quotation. I hope this multi-paragraph column example was satisfactory. I wish to apply for the YouTube column(s). Thank you for your consideration!
ACCEPTED, fantastic application. I will message you on Skype.

Last edited:

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
Code:
IGN: ImTheNarwhal

English (Grammar) Skills: (Scale 1-10) 6, Although when I try, 7 or 8.

Practice Paragraph (Write a paragraph about something related to MCGamer.): There has been alot of goodbye threads made by well know players in the MCSG commuity. I feel alot of people are going to be surprised by the amount of people. Faxulous has left, Captain has left. Many other people are left although these are the most shocking for this month.

After awhile of people thinking the fishing rod technique was over in 1.7 was confirmed incorrect! I think alot of people are going to be happy about this!
Graveyard is back! After about 2 months, Gravey's back! He has already over taken Noah on the leaderbords and might get 1000 wins on MCSG and Hive before Toxic!

Section you want to write:(The section is basically the subject you will talk about in every edition e.g. clans.) Clans. I enjoy watching the greats play against eachother :)

Last edited:

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
IGN: Marboo99 (Although call me Matt, I prefer it ;P)
English (Grammar) Skills: (Scale 1-10) 8.5
Practice Paragraph (Write a paragraph about something related to MCGamer.): There comes a time in every minecrafters life when we must ask the question. What now? A simple question, derived from our basic need for objective. But what happens when we run out of them? When we mine all the diamonds, or build the house with the most "swag". What then? Certainly many would favor burning the whole thing down and starting again. But wait.... What about the multiplayer? The exciting game mode you ignored for 200+ hours because you were mining. What about MCSG?

You may shout, "Matt! What is this thing called MCSG? How do I play it? What do I do?" Fear not my noob friends, I will enlighten on the complexities of our fair server. MCSG game mode based off the highly popular hunger games, where 24 competitors must battle it out for the ultimate prize: Survival. Of course you may want to build alliances, or you may prefer the lone wolf style. This is the joy of MCSG. The choice, the tension, the first pvp server with meaning, with proper objectives besides murder. To play these games all you need to do is to use this link: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/servers/ and put the ip's into your minecraft multiplayer list. I would recommend starting with the hub servers, as these are an easy way to get to servers in a lobby quickly.

So away you go my enlightened friends. Swarm over the holy ground that is the survival games. Will you find glory in these games, and make a name for yourself? Perhaps, but that is another story, for another day.

Section you want to write:(The section is basically the subject you will talk about in every edition e.g. clans.) Anything forum related, for example: Announcements, leaving, staff promotions and the like.

flyon21

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
IGN:xMPRxProductions
English (Grammar) Skills: 6
(Scale 1-10) Skype: soflyimtoohigh
Practice Paragraph (Write a paragraph about something related to MCGamer.):
Section you want to write:It's been an exciting month for clans! Forgotten disbanded new clan forming, lots to look at! But I would like to talk about the develeopment of clans, the pvp is so high now in MCSG, including littles things that are required to have a good sucessful clan, like having to make a good thread or be constantly active. Clan battles have skyrocketed with their intensity, a lot of clans have emerged over the last few months. The clan scene is really shaking up! (Here I would have a interview of about 3 clan leaders, ask them what it's like to lead good clans etc.
(The section is basically the subject you will talk about in every edition e.g. clans.) clans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci