• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Community Modpack

Blake43215

Some guy
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I posted the idea of a community created modpack in the Off Topic discord channel. A few of you responded, but I want to hear more!
I'd like to keep this a little bit organised so I'll be formatting feedback into 3 categories:

What "Genre" of mods interest you? I'd like to hear what interests you when it comes to Modpacks. A few examples include the Tech and Magic themes, challenge packs, and even story expansions. Whatever you can come up with, let me know.
What mod's specifically would you like to see? I'll be digging around to find these mods, so saying "I really enjoy the mod that adds backpacks" makes it a little harder because there are a number of them :laugh: :LOL:. If you like a mod but absolutely can't find what it's called, feel free to say what pack you found it in.
General Feedback, Anything else you'd like to add.

ll keep this updated with everyone's feedback, like so:

Genres:
-Tech 1x
-Hardcore 1x
-Questing 3x (Oringinally "Story expansion")
-Challenge Packs 2x

Specific Mods:
-Dragon mounts mod 1x
-Ice and Fire 1x
-Aether Mod 4x
-Mo' Creatures 1x
-Optifine 1x
-Buildcraft 1x
-Matter Overdrive 1x
-Biomes O' Plenty 1x
-Twilight Forest 1x
-Chisel 2x
-Carpenter's Blocks 2x (1.7 Latest version)
-IC2 1x
-Tinkers Construct 2x
-Forestry (+Magic Bees add-on) 1x
-Thaumcraft 3x
-Better Questing
-Headcrumbs

All the mods (Except otherwise noted) are 1.12.2
compatible.
I'll leave this open for people to discuss, and when enough mods are recommended for an actual pack to be created, I'll get a dedicated server for everyone to play on.

Last edited:

ImCeline

Career
Reaction score
Tbh, I really enjoy anything that adds more building blocks. So plenty'o'biomes or however it's called is always a pleasure.
I also really enjoy quest related packs or something with a story line.
More dimensions is always fun. I personally always mess around with magic related mods over tech mods.

Take whatever from that hahaha, just what I usually enjoy in a modpack :3

Awesome idea tho, I love modpacks and I'd definitely play it!

Blake43215

Some guy
Reaction score
Tbh, I really enjoy anything that adds more building blocks. So plenty'o'biomes or however it's called is always a pleasure.
I also really enjoy quest related packs or something with a story line.
More dimensions is always fun. I personally always mess around with magic related mods over tech mods.

Take whatever from that hahaha, just what I usually enjoy in a modpack :3

Awesome idea tho, I love modpacks and I'd definitely play it!
-Biomes O' Plenty, and I agree lol. There are a number of building enhancing mods like Chisel, and Carpentry blocks if that's something that interests you.
-1x Questing Genre,
-Now that you mention it, Twilight Forest is both an alternate dimension, and a quest oriented mod.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
I've always found tech challenge packs great fun as they give you a goal that's very different to usual mc and offers plenty of handy automation

Blake43215

Some guy
Reaction score
I've always found tech challenge packs great fun as they give you a goal that's very different to usual mc and offers plenty of handy automation
I remember you were talking a lot about the old school tekkit modpack, and I believe Buildcraft was something I threw in because of it's quarry system. If you can think of anything more specific lemme know, since Tech's not really my specialty :ROFLMAO: :ROFL:

ImCeline

Career
Reaction score
-Biomes O' Plenty, and I agree lol. There are a number of building enhancing mods like Chisel, and Carpentry blocks if that's something that interests you.
-1x Questing Genre,
-Now that you mention it, Twilight Forest is both an alternate dimension, and a quest oriented mod.
Yeah! Chisel and Carpentry blocks definitely make building so much more fun!
And anything quest related I enjoy.
Tech mods I only enjoy if the mod sort of "teaches" me how to use the items and work with them? Does that make sense?

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
I remember you were talking a lot about the old school tekkit modpack, and I believe Buildcraft was something I threw in because of it's quarry system. If you can think of anything more specific lemme know, since Tech's not really my specialty :ROFLMAO: :ROFL:
IC2 and buildcraft work well. Tinkers' construct is also really good as it pairs well with other mod packs nicely. It's not a tech mod as such but links well with tech and automation as well as adding lots of custom tools to help make early game interesting

Alyssa

Fabulous
Reaction score
Love dragon mounts tbh but also tinker craft!! And the magic bees one!!

Blake43215

Some guy
Reaction score
Love dragon mounts tbh but also tinker craft!! And the magic bees one!!
Already got you on the list for Dragon Mounts :) . As far as Magic Bees, do you mean the Forestry expansion, or do you mean Forestry by itself? Because Magic bees is a compatible mod with things like thaumcraft and Ars Magica 2~

Alyssa

Fabulous
Reaction score
Already got you on the list for Dragon Mounts :) . As far as Magic Bees, do you mean the Forestry expansion, or do you mean Forestry by itself? Because Magic bees is a compatible mod with things like thaumcraft and Ars Magica 2~
Yeh I think its in forestry, sorry I didnt know exactly where it came from but yeee (I played feed the beast recently, and yeh I believe it was in forestry or apart of it) :D And thaumcraft too if that hasn't been suggested!

Blake43215

Some guy
Reaction score
I'm going to do some digging on expansions for the mods listed above, since a lot of tech mods can coexist together, ect. Those mods will have a green highlight, and if anyone wants to vote for them, or recommend they not be included, let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci