• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Maps

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
Because people don't play MCSG to explore maps, they play it to play Survival Games - _-
when SG was originally created, it was about exploring the maps, it was about using strategy to kill an opponent more than just hak'n'Slashing. Points didn't matter. People would watch the whole game if they died to see who would win. No Tryhqrders. And the feels were just way better than they are now. MCSG has changed, yes. But I would rather have it back they way it was tbh.

Last edited:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't think the Hive has better maps than us honestly. They have a couple that are really nice looking, but ours are much much better overall. To be honest there are a few maps that are on the network nowadays that may not be all too loved by everyone but we do have incredibly high map standards.

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like the new maps, but I got a bad first-time on Green Grass because someone targeted me right off spawn ;-;

Gule

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think the Hive has better maps than us honestly. They have a couple that are really nice looking, but ours are much much better overall. To be honest there are a few maps that are on the network nowadays that may not be all too loved by everyone but we do have incredibly high map standards.
Thanks thats ur opinion i respect that :)

J

District 13
Reaction score
I believe KitMencha has created a thread similar to what I'm going to say, but I'll say it in my own words;

We should be appreciative. Why? Well, first of all, all of these maps that were accepted were made by many users who put a lot of their time and a lot of effort to make it an MCSG Map. Sure, some people don't like certain maps but in the end, we should be glad that people do make these maps for us to play on :)

FadingPixels

Career
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't really enjoy the new Holiday Resort 2. I dunno why but it just takes the real feel of the proper Holiday Resort. The other maps such as Green Grass is really nice looking and Inertia mostly played because of it's 'OPness'

Don't hate, only my opinion.

EDIT: Just realised something to do with the Opness if you read it.

Gule

District 13
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't really enjoy the new Holiday Resort 2. I dunno why but it just takes the real feel of the proper Holiday Resort. The other maps such as Green Grass is really nice looking and Inertia mostly played because of it's 'OPness'

Don't hate, only my opinion.

EDIT: Just realised something to do with the Opness if you read it.
Hodgey i respect you're opinion that yours thats mine Thanks for commenting :)

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
I think that Green Grass is great for PVP!!!
Honestly Green Grass (once I get a route) will me a wonderful map for PvP. However, none of the new maps really jumped out at me as exciting. I have always loved the older maps with the perfect combination between PvP and buildings (SG4, Valleyside, Holiday Resort, MoonBase 9, Icarus, etc.). However, having new maps I don't know like the back of my hand really spices up the game play, and sometimes I enjoy trying to discover a map instead of charging through a route and seeing if I can find anything good. Winning a game like that is much more satisfying then just going where I know and getting full iron diamond sword.

Because people don't play MCSG to explore maps, they play it to play Survival Games - _-
And honestly this is the hardest part for the map Makers. Sanders, you are a map maker if I remember correctly (it also says on your name :p) but it is difficult to find the perfect balance between that new look and cool structures in your design and also keeping it relatively good for PvP. If you don't find a perfect balance, then you have the PvP based players upset or on the other hand those who didn't want a boring flat map again angry.

It is difficult but I do love the variety and different types of maps that we have here on MCSG.

-Demon

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
And honestly this is the hardest part for the map Makers. Sanders, you are a map maker if I remember correctly (it also says on your name :p) but it is difficult to find the perfect balance between that new look and cool structures in your design and also keeping it relatively good for PvP. If you don't find a perfect balance, then you have the PvP based players upset or on the other hand those who didn't want a boring flat map again angry.

It is difficult but I do love the variety and different types of maps that we have here on MCSG.
There are so many maps in the finished map section that are fairly balanced like the way you describe, but the simply don't get accepted. This makes a lot of people (mainly mapmakers) upset because "better maps" could have been accepted. Most SG players don't really care about looks anymore these days, which again, upsets mapmakers. The type of maps MCSG accepts these days are different, they mainly lean towards PvP rather than looks and the "Hunger Games" feel. I believe this could be so much more balanced and that updates could bring so many good & new maps to the servers, but its just not happening.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
I wish there were more SG 3 style maps *sigh*. Sadly the Majority dictates the map type. It would be nice to see it though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci