• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Maker Rank?

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
---------
Note: If you need the forums or teamspeak rank, ask a member of Sr. Staff for the teamspeak rank. Ask an admin for the forums rank!
---------

Hey Tributes,

Have you ever been in a game, seen a VIP with their fancy purple name, and asked yourself, “What do they have VIP for?” You don’t recognize them for Youtube, or Twitch, or the Senior Moderator roster, yet they have the VIP rank. Odds are they created a map for the network, which has been added to our servers’ rotation. Up until now, we had been putting them as VIP’s, lumping them in with the other notable members as thanks for their contributions. However, this has lead to much confusion, as map-makers have been confused for Youtubers, Twitch Streamers, and even Sr. Staff. Well, soon you may be noticing some notable players with a snazzy pink name.

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce the new Map Maker rank:

Formed from a retired rank, this rank will be functionally identical to VIP, but will stand out thanks to its special color.

Why the Change?

The Map Maker rank was created to help distinguish map makers from the other VIP’s. Because of the importance of maps on our servers, and the variety of gameplay differences they can offer, we felt that it was important that map-makers be recognized for their efforts, while reserving the VIP rank for people whose achievements are more on a broader term.

Anyway, thanks for bearing with us for this update has been long time coming!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

brushed

Platinum
Reaction score
Nice mate I like this, a few updates to the rank list will have to be made but good job!

Eddy

District 13
Reaction score
Great idea!

Last edited:

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Yes! Glad to see the two differentiated, it's going to make VIP more meaningful and map maker's more recognized.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm totally cool with this. Although purple matches my skin, at least people will know who I am now :p When do you think we can expect the change?

Also, maybe I can finally get that badge.

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Finally! Literally I have been wanting this to be a thing for so long you don't understand

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've seen pink names on MCGamer!
Now I can tease all my map-maker friends c:

...oh wait I have none ;_;

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci