• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Generator

Good Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Not Possible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post a reply)

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeGlue

Experienced
Reaction score
Essentially I was thinking it would be cool if MCSG were able to alter the map generator to create a new map every round. I have seen mods on Minecraft that allow you to alter how the terrain is generated as well as spawn custom structures within the generator, so I feel it would be fairly simple to implement this into these server. Sadly I am not a coder so I don't know the logistics of this but I feel it is possible.

I understand that there has and is much work being put into the current and future maps but I think it would add more depth to the servers if every time you spawned into a world you had no idea what you would be facing like the tributes did. If this idea is shot down I feel we could possibly use a generator to create base maps then have the talented builders alter it from their.

Clbrend

Career
Reaction score
But can it generate redstone traps?...

But i like the idea. Having a new map all the time would be really awesome!

InvincibleForce

Survivor
Reaction score
I like having one map variation. Soon we will be getting more maps from forum members that will be implemented and also vareide's new map though so I think that is a better solution. :)

Thejoker1177

Tribute
Reaction score
I like having one map variation. Soon we will be getting more maps from forum members that will be implemented and also vareide's new map though so I think that is a better solution. :)
Same here. I don't want generated maps because some may be downright bad.

GammaDude1

Tribute
Reaction score
If they could use that to make a base map and then alter it to have a few maps so that it would have variation but not random so people could get to know the maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci