• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

cokeman5

Spectator
Reaction score
I was just thinking the current map needs some major adjusting to work better together with the plugin that randomizes the chests. First off, there are chests that contain items with stories around them, such as the golden music disc or black beard's sword, but due to the plugin they are not in the chests, so i suggest the sign's be removed or edited. Also since you cannot get the golden disc anymore, I suggest the whole quest should be removed entirely(prize,story,and disc location).

Another topic of concern is the loot in black beard's ship, which has 6 large chests that normally has next to nothing, but due to the plugin, they usually contain enough armor and swords to completely deck out a full team of 3 people, making it nearly impossible for them to lose. On this note, other more difficult chests to get to that originally had very good items to make them worth the risk, now have just as bad of items as any other chest you can find randomly in the ground, as a solution to this, I suggest difficult to get to chests now to have another chest along with them(or be a double chest).

A third issue, is the random holes/caves in the map that are meant for you to fall into, frankly I'm not sure why these are even in the map normally, because when you are stuck in one you are unlikely to die by any means whatsoever. I have had to experience being stuck in a hole on a very out of the way island for a full 30 minutes, and even after wanting to be killed, due to the other plugin, all my cries for mercy went unanswered. I have seen this happen to many others, and it forces everybody in the server to wait for the timer to run out in a very dull match. I suggest every hole you can get stuck in to have either lava, an escape passage, or just be taken away altogether.

I would find this map to be much more fair and entertaining if these problems were addressed somewhere in the near future. Thank you for reading and acknowledging these concerns of mine.

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
Black Beard's ship is pretty loaded with loot, I agree that it should be limited to maybe 3 large chests. I've seen a few other threads about the random holes thing, and my suggestion is to put cacti in the bottom, because lava wouldn't work since it makes the traps easily visible at night.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Quit complaining cokeman. The people who risk their lives to get good items, get good items! The disc was there last i checked but may have been removed (i dont know.) And if youre stuck in a hole. You LOSE! No way out. Best option is /suicide

Kirbyflys

Tribute
Reaction score
Yeah. Black Beard's ship should be limited. And the chest that are harder to get should have better loot than the others.

cokeman5

Spectator
Reaction score
Quit complaining cokeman. The people who risk their lives to get good items, get good items! The disc was there last i checked but may have been removed (i dont know.) And if youre stuck in a hole. You LOSE! No way out. Best option is /suicide
I'm not complaining, but merely making suggestions, some easy to get to spots have much better loot than the tougher to get to spots and the map was not designed this way, but became this way do to the plugin that randomizes the chests contents. The disc is indeed in the map if you download and play it, but not on the servers, because again, the contents are randomized. Also, if your stuck in a hole, you don't lose. You sit there and wait until your in the final 2, or until the timer runs out, but the problem is that is very dull to any spectator and a general waste of time.

Basically what I'm saying is the map needs to be adjusted to better work with the plugin the servers use.

Reaction score
I agree. Me and my friends whenever we get on the server together rush to those chest because we know that they will be full, which is unfair to others. Also to the hole I know it's annoying but just a tip, make sheers early on and grab some vines as a quick escape

AnewAaron

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree. Me and my friends whenever we get on the server together rush to those chest because we know that they will be full, which is unfair to others. Also to the hole I know it's annoying but just a tip, make sheers early on and grab some vines as a quick escape
Does that work? Making shears and cutting stuff? I don't see why it wouldn't work because you can break them to begin with.... Anyways i'll be sure to try that one out :) Thanks for the tip!

Reaction score
Haha yeah it does and its really helpful for hiding in trees and escaping traps and stuff

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm not complaining, but merely making suggestions, some easy to get to spots have much better loot than the tougher to get to spots and the map was not designed this way, but became this way do to the plugin that randomizes the chests contents. The disc is indeed in the map if you download and play it, but not on the servers, because again, the contents are randomized. Also, if your stuck in a hole, you don't lose. You sit there and wait until your in the final 2, or until the timer runs out, but the problem is that is very dull to any spectator and a general waste of time.

Basically what I'm saying is the map needs to be adjusted to better work with the plugin the servers use.
I found the golden disc on the server. I don't think that chest is randomized

cokeman5

Spectator
Reaction score
I found the golden disc on the server. I don't think that chest is randomized
Really? I went to that spot yesterday and it was just the average junk in the chest. And I'm completely sure that black beard's sword is not in its intended chest.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah i definately found it once. Maybe it's randomized too. Like it puts one gold disc in a random chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci