• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Making Clans into an eSport

asdffish

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm fish, owner of a decent clan on the US servers who sees potential.

So I want to preface this concept before it gets shot down immediately. This idea has been floating around for quite some time, but very few people are willing to push it because they think the idea is hopeless. I myself have attempted to push this idea but again, people were hesitant. I have now decided on creating a thread to put this opinion out to the public after hearing approval from community members and some members of this server's staff. On that note hopefully I can gain enough support to get this to Chad so he can think about the concept himself.

So eSports are a major thing on the internet, and they are rapidly growing. If you look on twitch major tournaments draw thousands of avid followers to spend time out of their day to watch someone else play video games. Games with this professional side gain huge followings because people enjoy watching competitions between two foes performing at the highest level these games have to offer. As eSports are growing, more and more games are creating their own form in some way. There are big games such as League of Legends or CS:GO, but even Super Smash Bros has a eSports following now.

Now that we've had a small summary of eSports, I wish to explain why this game type would be a perfect fit. If you look at CS:GO or League of Legends, both popular eSports, they have a similar team vs team strategy where you need to have perfect map knowledge, game knowledge, and communication. These are key factors in clans. A clan could have great skills at the game individually, but all three components are needed. The team vs team aspect that clans have is incredibly popular in both eSports and regular sports as well. The overall concept seems to be bred for this type of competition.

Now while I've explained these two aspects, I'm going to get to the important factors as far as Chad is concerned, how this concept will help the MCGamer server as a whole. As stated above, these eSports bring major attention to the game itself. League of Legends and CS:GO are some of the most popular games in the world. While the beginning may be rough to start the overall payout in the end would be more than worth it. Players would see these competitions and they'd want to see for themselves. Soon more and more people would be logging on to these servers to teach themselves to play like the pros. As the servers grow in population more and more people would buy donator for the perks. With the success of this eSport concept MCGamer's server population would explode above the heights it has ever had.

Now I know many people will be wary of this concept, but I truly have hope. I understand that this would need incredible work to put together but I believe that with the help of the server's great staff and community it is definitely possible. If anyone has any questions about this idea I will gladly answer them in the comments or in pm's. I would also like to offer any assistance to the staff in helping pursue this idea in any way I can. Thank you for reading my (probably poorly written) idea and giving it some thought.

feminist

Career
Reaction score
Hey man, great concept but the massive problem lies with the fact that eSports require tournaments and tournaments need a prize. An MCSG eSport scene isn't going to get off the ground if Chad's only willing to shell out a couple of iron donators for the winners.

I ended up writing a massive post but just gave up halfway through it and deleted it, there's so many things that would need to be adjusted for this to work. I'm all for helping make this happen, chuck me your TS IP and we'll talk about it, if that's fine with you of course.

asdffish

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey man, great concept but the massive problem lies with the fact that eSports require tournaments and tournaments need a prize. An MCSG eSport scene isn't going to get off the ground if Chad's only willing to shell out a couple of iron donators for the winners.

I ended up writing a massive post but just gave up halfway through it and deleted it, there's so many things that would need to be adjusted for this to work. I'm all for helping make this happen, chuck me your TS IP and we'll talk about it, if that's fine with you of course.
I'd love for people to talk about this if they would like. My ts is revival.aceratech.net

qxerft

Diamond
Reaction score
I wasnt lazy for once and talk to people about this youre welcome ;P

Phatanv2

Survivor
Reaction score
rip if koreans started making clans
anyways, this is a great idea, only if there was a perfect anticheat :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics