• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Make ToggleSneak legal on MCGamer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaKaine

Career
Reaction score
Unless Minecraft has changed drastically since I last played, sneaking hides player tags. Users utilising this mod based of the information presented in this thread would then have an unfair advantage compared to the vanilla users whose usernames would display when accessing chests etc.
Point being that at the end of the day, does it really matter? I mean, we do have F3 + A to look for other players, not to mention my shaders mod glitches out the names every now and then so you can actually see the names whenever.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hilarious that you actually think hiding your name when accessing chests is an advantage. Both badlion and kohi allow this mod and never have this
I may be misunderstood, and I'm definitely not familiar with this mod, but how does looking in a chest and hiding your player tag not give an advantage to the user utilising the mod compared to a user on a vanilla client?

It's not contradicting anything if you actually read the premises. It's showing how having toggle sneak bannable is.
Premise B: ToggleSneak does argubly give some unfair advantages
Premise G: There is no valid argument for having ToggleSneak bannable

I don't think within my post I saluted and pledged my allegiance to a Minecraft server? I also don't think that I praised MCGamer at all, I just simply "critiqued" your post. I don't believe optimisation exists while disadvantaging others.

Last edited by a moderator:

J

District 13
Reaction score
I'm totally down with ToggleSprint being allowed on the server, but I do agree that if you're able to sneak while you chat and look in chests, that can be quite unfair as you can hide your nametag. While this may not seem a BIG advantage to you, this is still an advantage that shouldn't be allowed. Maybe just allow ToggleSprint and not ToggleSneak? I'm pretty sure no one uses ToggleSneak or would want to playing Survival Games.

Quantum
Reaction score
Great thread and great points as always, Tene! Thank you for these amazing posts.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I may be misunderstood, and I'm definitely not familiar with this mod, but how does looking in a chest and hiding your player tag not give an advantage to the user utilising the mod compared to a user on a vanilla client?
The advantage is so slim there's really no point banning it. Both badlion and kohi allow it and there is no issue for them.

I don't think within my post I saluted and pledged my allegiance to a Minecraft server? I also don't think that I praised MCGamer at all, I just simply "critiqued" your post. I don't believe optimisation exists while disadvantaging others.
You said that all I do is "critique" the community in a bad way.

Also iVelocity Premise B and G are completely sound because one is referring to what the objection is, while the other is showing how the objection is bogus through the previous premises. I suggest you learn logic.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
You seem to keep going back to some other servers - it may work for them, but Cam has said that it will be kept bannable.

What you may or may not know is that in the togglesprint mod they reconstruct the users knockback completely - leading to an advantage. (courtesy of cam)

Although the advantages of using togglesneak are minimal there is still enough room for it to be deemed disallowed. It also comes inside togglesprint so it'd kind of be an inconvenience.

If there was a mod that only made a toggle button to sprint (like the caps lock on a mac) there could be an investigation into it being allowed. 'til then it more than likely won't be happening.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
What you may or may not know is that in the togglesprint mod they reconstruct the users knockback completely - leading to an advantage. (courtesy of cam)
Elaborating on this point more, the modification done on the client side knockback is drastic enough to observe a noticeable change in game and during fights, as well as its presence in the Togglesneak configuration.

If we're going to allow ToggleSprint, we may as well just allow people to install ghost clients and let them use velocity - at the most basic structure the two have the same features.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That's the most bullcrap I have ever heard in my entire life.
Okay I'd like you tell me where the mod "reconstructs" the users knockback.

Elaborating on this point more, the modification done on the client side knockback is drastic enough to observe a noticeable change in game and during fights, as well as its presence in the Togglesneak configuration.

If we're going to allow ToggleSprint, we may as well just allow people to install ghost clients and let them use velocity - at the most basic structure the two have the same features.
No no no no no no no no no no no wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong
Where do I even begin?
ToggleSneak does NOT modify knockback at all.

Ceroria and Narwhal. Here is the source code for togglesneak, now please show me where knockback is changed.
http://hastebin.com/icexuhebuz.avrasm

Do you not realize that TS literally holds down the sprint button?

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
You seem to keep going back to other servers - it may work for them, but Cam has said that it will be kept bannable.

Although the advantages of using togglesneak are minimal there is still enough room for it to be deemed disallowed. It also comes inside togglesprint so it'd kind of be an inconvenience.

If there was a mod that only made a toggle button to sprint (like the caps lock on a mac) there could be an investigation into it being allowed. 'til then it more than likely won't be happening.
you must be joking if you think it changes knockback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci