• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Majority skipping

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Any amount that is "50% +1" seems to make sense, but 18 seems a little much. 16 might be a more agreeable amount. Otherwise, I really like the idea and I think that implementing will definitely allow for the use of a greater variety of maps, like you said.
Also kaiomann, I like your idea to reduce the amount of skips to 1. If not 1, then at least 2.
Do you know what sounds even better? Reducing skips to a big fat 0

Iced94

Survivor
Reaction score
This is a great idea, but this won't work. An iron donor's skip counts as 2, golds' count as three, and diamonds' are 4.
If anyone looked at my post I said that maybe the extra votes should go (only on skips if possible) just so then it would actually be a fairer judgement of everyone in the server without getting rid of their benefit of extra votes on maps, the only reason I think this is that it requires a certain amount of votes and not just highest wins. Or maybe the votes should not have a fixed amount, but will only skip if it wins the voting with higher than the other options (maps)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
If anyone looked at my post I said that maybe the extra votes should go (only on skips if possible) just so then it would actually be a fairer judgement of everyone in the server without getting rid of their benefit of extra votes on maps, the only reason I think this is that it requires a certain amount of votes and not just highest wins. Or maybe the votes should not have a fixed amount, but will only skip if it wins the voting with higher than the other options (maps)
I think they should stay, because I'm pretty sure for all ranks they only get 2 skip votes. I know as Gold Donor you still only get 2 skip votes. So it really isn't that big of a deal. I'd rather the extra skip votes stayed with this suggestion.

Iced94

Survivor
Reaction score
I think they should stay, because I'm pretty sure for all ranks they only get 2 skip votes. I know as Gold Donor you still only get 2 skip votes. So it really isn't that big of a deal. I'd rather the extra skip votes stayed with this suggestion.
Well Iron get an extra skip (so they get 2) gold get 2 extra (so 3) and diamond get 3 extra (so 4), yeah at the moment only 3 diamond donators have to skip to change the maps.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Well Iron get an extra skip (so they get 2) gold get 2 extra (so 3) and diamond get 3 extra (so 4), yeah at the moment only 3 diamond donators have to skip to change the maps.
No, they get extra votes. Not skips. I know a gold donor and he told me himself that he only gets 2 skips, why he gets 3 votes. I don't know about Diamond donor/VIP but I don't think it's 4/5 skips for them. Maybe 3, but probably 2 like Gold and Iron donors.

LegendofCharks

Experienced
Reaction score
I think the majority skip thing is alright but getting rid of a donors skip is not going to happen. Remember, MCSG is a business as well as a server, they need perks to make people want to buy the ranks.

showli2

Tribute
Reaction score
I think that the total amout of skip votes should stay at 12, but donors only get 1 skip vote. That would make it more even. Of course, if you're patient, MCSGv2 is coming soon, and hopefully that works.

Iced94

Survivor
Reaction score
I think that the total amout of skip votes should stay at 12, but donors only get 1 skip vote. That would make it more even. Of course, if you're patient, MCSGv2 is coming soon, and hopefully that works.
They've obviously thought about it, and hopefully they sort it out enough, I managed to play an win a game of yellowstone, I would upload it onto youtube but the file is massive, I will upload it once I get fibre optic, but that map was actually fun, and it was a nice break from SG4, Breeze, SG1, or SG2 as recently they are the only maps I play, oh wait solar frost too occasionally, but still them lesser maps are NOT bad, and variation never hurt everyone.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
They've obviously thought about it, and hopefully they sort it out enough, I managed to play an win a game of yellowstone, I would upload it onto youtube but the file is massive, I will upload it once I get fibre optic, but that map was actually fun, and it was a nice break from SG4, Breeze, SG1, or SG2 as recently they are the only maps I play, oh wait solar frost too occasionally, but still them lesser maps are NOT bad, and variation never hurt everyone.
I LOVE SG2 and Solar Frost :)

Iced94

Survivor
Reaction score
I LOVE SG2 and Solar Frost :)
Yeah but I loved SG4, no matter how good something is, too much of it makes it stale, luckily not there yet on solar/SG2 and SG1, but they are still played quite a lot, and without variation I fear that them maps will also become stale.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci