• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lot of your rules limit creativity

GR4TUX

Spectator
Reaction score
Reason im here: So, me and my friend were doing a very fun competitive quickbuild. It was all going well until i got the lower hand of things. I tried to make a little alien ship that shot arrows and I was excited to making it... Dispensers disabled. Ok i said. Just a dropper. So my spaceship was going along really well but then... Fire disabled. ._. WHY!? Then i tried to place some lava... Lava disabled ._. So I put a lot of effort but then everyone said his was better and I lost. Then I started to work on a disco project and almost cried when I discovered Redstone was disabled... WHY!?! I was gonna make some cool strobe lights and a cool glass contraption door. -_- . By that time I was really upset. Then I decided to try and make a small waterslide in another quickbuild but... Water flow disabled. So I cleaned my plot again and left to post this.

Your rules limit a lot of creative things. Examples: Fake blood for and arena, Fire in a car crash, Fire in a statue of liberty, Volcanoes, Epic redstone contraption, Cars that shoot arrows and all that really fun stuff. I know thats there to avoid "GRIEFING" But really, It doesnt help the server at all. It makes it worse. Honestly, how would water floww and lava help to grief. As soon as you see the person kick him. As I said that really doesnt help the server whatsoever. Please enable these again.

Thanks If you took your time to read
-GR4TUX

R4ng

Platinum
Reaction score
I understand your woes however there are reasons for the creative server not having those select actions enabled. For example, if redstone were to be enabled people would have the ability to bring the entire creative server down through an extensive redstone clock, as with lava. The lava or fire may substantially increase FPS lag for some players if abused and once again, may bring down the creative server. These limitations weren't implemented with the reason of limiting creativity but to make it a safe and "playable" environment for everyone!

Despite this, I agree with you! These rules could use some revising! Perhaps the amount of lava or fire that is able to placed on a plot could be restricted? I understand that might be difficult to code though and the Developers already have a lot of work to do.

GR4TUX

Spectator
Reaction score
I really hope there is something done about it. The limiting idea is a great thing But no mods or admins have brought this to attention.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Actually, the issue of limited items has been addressed multiple times. Essentially, we limit those items because of the newness of the server. We're still working out the process to make the server run the best that it can. This mainly entails that things such as Redstone, Fire, and Lava are disabled. As the community stabilizes, so will the item access. I can say however, that while being a Staff Member does allow the use of Redstone, we have the exact same limitations when it comes to Fire, Lava, Dispensers, and other blacklisted items.

However, there is an application process to be able to use redstone.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes, this can be unpleasant that these certain items are disabled. However, if you do intend to use redstone, you can simply go and apply for a player rank to which then you can hopefully get accepted. Unfortunately, lava and water flow has been disabled as this could allow griefers to ruin other people's plots far more easily. But yet again, you are still able to link the water and lava, I myself have seen mesmerizing builds that consisted of waterfalls and volcanoes.

Furthermore, if you really want to place lava and fire, simply do either: /i fire Or /i lava
This will allow you to use them without being refrained, however, they are not to be used for griefing, or causing lag.

If you are willing to apply for a player rank so you can use redstone, a link will be provided to you below:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/player-rank-template.107728/

Lastly, arrows will not be allowed as they will cause lag when dispensed, or shot. Or could cause any other damages.
To conclusion, regardless of the rules, you can still make masterpieces in creative, I suggest you go around spawn, and see what the community has built, which hasn't necessarily required redstone most of the time. Or check out plot 112 in world 1. It truly is a masterpiece.

Anyhow, have a good day, and enjoy creative! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci