• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lock

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
Looks good. However, I would get an R9 290 over a 960, it's only about $10 more and performs a little better. The power supply is fully modular and a bit more expensive. I would go with something like this instead, assuming you want the same wattage for SLI/Crossfire in the future. You don't need a dedicated sound card for gaming. Don't listen to @Magicaaron2000. AMD is not a wise choice for gaming on any budget.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Looks good. However, I would get an R9 290 over a 960, it's only about $10 more and performs a little better. The power supply is fully modular and a bit more expensive. I would go with something like this instead, assuming you want the same wattage for SLI/Crossfire in the future. You don't need a dedicated sound card for gaming. Don't listen to @Magicaaron2000. AMD is not a wise choice for gaming on any budget.
Actually, AMD provides really good "Bang for your buck"
Also, why did you say that AMD isn't a wise choice, and recommend an AMD card in the same post? :p

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
Actually, AMD provides really good "Bang for your buck"
Also, why did you say that AMD isn't a wise choice, and recommend an AMD card in the same post? :p
AMD CPUs =/= AMD GPUs. Please read the thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci