• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Lighting at Death Match, Good and Bad

SirClubs

Another guy
Reaction score
Personally, I love the lightning at Death Match preferred to a simple stagnate wall barrier a lot of servers use. With that being said, there is one huge flaw with the lightning. While playing on a map with a cornucopia that is an island surrounded by water--Breeze Island, SG 3-- people tend to swim to the center and fishing rod you away when you try to go after them. Obviously, this is annoying as all get out. One player with absolutely no skill, no nothing can win while you can't possibly reach them, eventually ending with you being killed by the lightning. This has happened to me on multiple occasions so I thought I'd ask for everyone's opinion on the topic. Honestly, I think something should be done, maybe instead of lightning there's a wall barrier that closes and pushes you into the center. Another suggestion is to change the Death Match arena in certain maps, but I'm not sure how possible these are. Whatever happens, I assume the right decision will be made, but I thought I'd add my input, and may the odds ever be in your favor.

Crinkle

Platinum
Reaction score
Deathmatch arenas are the best way to fix that without altering the gamemode, it's already been done in the past with maps like Breeze Island 2

SirClubs

Another guy
Reaction score
Deathmatch arenas are the best way to fix that without altering the gamemode, it's already been done in the past with maps like Breeze Island 2
I agree, maybe some arenas can be made for breeze island, SG3 and any other map with a center surrounded by water.

BarcelonaJay

Career
Reaction score
If you look at Solar Frost, DM is in it's own arena that is unreachable in game in the map. It would be time consuming to make a unique DM arena for each and every map but that could solve the issue.

SirClubs

Another guy
Reaction score
If you look at Solar Frost, DM is in it's own arena that is unreachable in game in the map. It would be time consuming to make a unique DM arena for each and every map but that could solve the issue.
Yes, but with all honesty, I don't think it would be all that time consuming, as DM arenas are not that big and usually pretty simple. Also, not all maps would need a custom DM arena, although it would be cool it's not necessary.

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
The lightning also serves to force an ending. Should someone somehow become glitched (either unintentionally or otherwise) in an unreachable spot, they would lose in the way of the lightning.

One idea I would like to explore is having the lightning start at the edge of the map and move Inward, like the so called "blue zone" of other BR titles. Instead of being teleported at once, you are slowly pushed to the center.

SirClubs

Another guy
Reaction score
That would be an i
The lightning also serves to force an ending. Should someone somehow become glitched (either unintentionally or otherwise) in an unreachable spot, they would lose in the way of the lightning.

One idea I would like to explore is having the lightning start at the edge of the map and move Inward, like the so called "blue zone" of other BR titles. Instead of being teleported at once, you are slowly pushed to the center.
That would be an interesting concept, but maybe instead it's an entirely different game mode by itself called battle royal? Also, I think everyone likes the lightning, no one disagrees with it. People just don't like when they get to DM and someone with no gear manages to win because they happen to have a fishing rod.

Zrock

Diamond
Reaction score

I agree with you Kraken, I think it would be cool to add different challenges like in the actual Hunger Games that occur during different times. Like Acid rain, or dogs that spawn and attack you, or even mobs from the game. They could happen all around the map at different times. Or also like in Battle Royal's they have the Bombing Zones.

SirClubs

Another guy
Reaction score
I agree with you Kraken, I think it would be cool to add different challenges like in the actual Hunger Games that occur during different times. Like Acid rain, or dogs that spawn and attack you, or even mobs from the game. They could happen all around the map at different times. Or also like in Battle Royal's they have the Bombing Zones.
This would be very cool, but I definitely would want it in a separate game mode (Maybe called Battle Royal) if it were to happen. MCSG needs to have classic SG.

Laborers

Spectator
Reaction score
I personally vouch for one death match arena for the entire MCGamer network. Where men die.

Roman

SirClubs

Another guy
Reaction score
I personally vouch for one death match arena for the entire MCGamer network. Where men die.

Roman
This is an interesting idea. Although, the problem is, not one DM arena alone can fit every map, not to mention after a little bit the arena will just get boring. Also, some maps DM's are fine, it's just certain ones that aren't.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The breeze island DM is chaos. Chaos is what makes MCSG what it is. Who said the game is fair anyway?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci