• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Leaving To Save Points

Shad

Spectator
Reaction score
I've been noticing a major problem that's somewhat corrupting the leader boards and part of the way the point system works; you can leave to save your points before you die. Most if not all (except me) on the top for points, leave before they die to save points! Totally defeating the point of the points system and "stealing" points.

I'd just like to say I do not leave and I have a legit 1500+ points and I die every once in a while and sometimes 3 times in a row, but I never leave to save them... To me, it's just a pansy thing to do and corrupts the leader boards with "unlegit" players. I've talked to some of the people who do this and they simply say, "I do it so I don't lose points, I've lost 200 in a row." I then precede to explain to them the point of losing points and that with them leaving makes it unlegit and they should have died and lost points. To me, that's pretty much cheating. It's the same deal as dashboarding in Call of Duty to preserve your K/D or W/L ratio.

Most of the people I say this to just say stop QQing it's just a game and I say if it's just a game why do you leave, points don't matter... I'd like to really see this be fixed by the time the servers are out of beta.

Reaction score
I've never left, but the point system needs to be fixed, I last 20 points last game for getting killed :p "Stealing" Points isn't the best system in my opinion. Losing 4 points for death and gain 1 or 2 every kill sounds fine to me :p I agree this can be annoying, but the point system also needs improvment.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I would tend to agree with you. I only truly do it when I come in contact with a hacker. I know there's no way to win, so I just leave. If I were to stay the hacker would win my points, and I don't want that.

Shad

Spectator
Reaction score
I would tend to agree with you. I only truly do it when I come in contact with a hacker. I know there's no way to win, so I just leave. If I were to stay the hacker would win my points, and I don't want that.
I can understand this to an extend, but this excuse cannot be used for the other players on the top of the leader boards who do this every... single... time... they are about to die...

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I can understand this to an extend, but this excuse cannot be used for the other players on the top of the leader boards who do this every... single... time... they are about to die...
No. I get where they're coming from. They'd be losing 50 points. That's a big jump.

Hamhams110

Tribute
Reaction score
What if players lose 10 points every time they log out mid-game?

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
Agreed.

Either that or I run for the lava.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
What if players lose 10 points every time they log out mid-game?
No. I sometimes leave early in the game if I know someone has a diamond sword and I have nothing; I do it to save my time/not bore out the spectators, instead of drawing out the game and waiting until deathmatch (where I'd die anyways).

Hamhams110

Tribute
Reaction score
No. I sometimes leave early in the game if I know someone has a diamond sword and I have nothing... waiting until deathmatch (where I'd die anyways).
Yeah there's the point! Why not suicide? Suicide doesn't make you loose points and its more realistic. If I was in the hunger games and wanted a somewhat memorable death I would jump off a cliff. Suicide is more dramatic and wont bore the spectators. :p

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah there's the point! Why not suicide? Suicide doesn't make you loose points and its more realistic. If I was in the hunger games and wanted a somewhat memorable death I would jump off a cliff. Suicide is more dramatic and wont bore the spectators. :p
To be honest, I did not know about suicide until TheRandomMan1000 told me about it.

Hamhams110

Tribute
Reaction score
Plus suicide has a %40 chance of failure and may leave you with half a heart, so others may brutally one hit you. You loose some points, sure, but this server is all about fun, not having the highest score to brag about! :D

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
Yes, and typing suicide takes time to do, so you can't do it in the middle of a battle. I agree with you there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci