• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Learn the basics of Team Speak (how to connect, ranks, rules, etc)

Helpful?

• Yes, thank you! <3

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
New to Team Speak? Well this guide will be a big booster for you. (I hope so)
- First of all, download Team Speak - http://goo.gl/DKgISs
- Configure Team Speak the way you want to talk and such.
- Then If you are on Mac press Command + S (Windows Ctrl + S) And a window will pop-up.
- In "Server Address", Put MCSG server. On "Nickname" put your ING name and password, as in the picture below.
(image of how the window looks on Mac)
Screen Shot 2013-07-22 at 2.52.04 p.m..png
Once followed the steps, you will be online on Officials MCSG Team Speak channel. Yay! Congratulations!
RULES˜
Know you already got the main part, but what about the rules? Well before anything, i would recommend you to read the rules. That way you won't do a mistake that could get you banned! ;-;
Here I decided to leave a copy of the rules :

Please remember that...
1. These rules are subject to change at any time
2. By playing on our servers, you agree to follow these rules and understand that if you break these rules, you will face consequences that could lead up to permanent removal from the community.
1. Respect all staff members and their decisions: We expect members to listen and respect staff members.
2. Do not disrespect or harass other members: We want people to in our community to feel safe and respected.
3. Do not use derogatory or profane language: There are many members in our community of various ages and words that are not appropriate should not be spoken or seen.
4. Do not discriminate other members: Our member base consist of people of many different races, genders, country, religion, sexual orientation, etc. We do not want our members to feel left out due to them being different.
5. Do not spam:Spamming is an unnecessary way of gaining attention, and spamming is obnoxious. It prioritizes one person’s message over another.
6. Do not use excessive caps: Excessive caps prioritize a person’s message over others, similar to spam, and is often viewed as screaming or shouting.
7. Do not advertise: Advertising other communities or events in order to profit is prohibited.
8. Do not start argue/flame wars: We want to keep the community peaceful; a place where people are free to have opinions and discuss things. Arguments ruin discussions and are unnecessary.
9. Do not exploit bugs or glitches: We want to the servers to be the best that it can be and if a bug or glitch is spotted, report it to staff privately ASAP.
10. Do not use alternate accounts to benefit you: Using alternate accounts to benefit yourself is unfair to those who do not have alternate accounts.
11. Do not mislead people: Do not mislead people into learning false information that will trick them into doing something idiotic.
12. No non members of staff can be in a staff channel with out a member of staff and they will be moved out if there is no member of staff present.

Ranks and important stuff˜

Now that you have check the rules, (very important step) Lets get with the fun part!
When you enter you will see a window like this -
Screen Shot 2013-07-22 at 3.07.00 p.m..png
Here there are different Users, Groups and Channels. At the beginning, if you look to the right, you will see a lot of icons. Cookies, ingots, swords and much others. Those icons tell your rank. When you first get into TS, you will have no rank. To get your donor rank on Team Speak poke a mod by right clicking on his name and click on "Poke client" and ask him politely to give you the rank you are.
Screen Shot 2013-07-22 at 3.13.33 p.m. copy.png
So know you know how to log in, you know the rules and you have your rank! So whats next?
Have fun! get on different channels, play with people and maybe get the chance to speak with my boo Forairan <3
If you want to get inside a channel that is password protected, poke a mod and tell him to change you to that certain group. Only poke a mod to add you to a group if the mod knows you, or someone invited you to the group.
Also as a request, I'm going to talk about what DND means!
DND˜
What is DND? Well DND is the abbreviation to "DO NOT DISTURB". Why did I put it caps? Because you shouldn't join when it's on DO NOT DISTURB. It annoying and DND is in the channel name because maybe they are recording and if you do something you can screw their whole recording! >.< Nobody likes that. So please be nice and do not interrupt when it's on DND
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hope this guide help and see you on Team Speak! :p

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Nice guide! Only thing I'd change is this:

If you want to get inside a channel that is password protected, poke a mod and tell them to change you to that certain group
You shouldn't necessarily do this, because if someone has created a channel with a password, it probably has a password for a reason, and getting yourself moved into the channel wouldn't make much sense. If you'd like to get into the channel, just poke the channel "creator" and ask if they could move you in, or tell you the password so you could enter the channel :)

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Could you add a bit on what DnD means? I know it means Do not Disturb, but the beginning user may not know this. As for the guide, it's pretty good, and I wish I had this when I was started getting on TS.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Nice guide! Only thing I'd change is this:

You shouldn't necessarily do this, because if someone has created a channel with a password, it probably has a password for a reason, and getting yourself moved into the channel wouldn't make much sense. If you'd like to get into the channel, just poke the channel "creator" and ask if they could move you in, or tell you the password so you could enter the channel :)

Yes, good point.

BTW your golden dragon is turning beautiful :3

Could you add a bit on what DnD means? I know it means Do not Disturb, but the beginning user may not know this. As for the guide, it's pretty good, and I wish I had this when I was started getting on TS.
Sure ! I'm going to write it right now! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci