• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Leaderboard Rank

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Hi MCSG!

I just wanted to share something that I find quite odd. I just got 100 wins today, and I was super happy! I assumed that I would have ranked up a bit in the leaderboards, so I decided to go check. Before, I was at 2 682, and when I checked, I was, yet again, at 2 682. Finding that odd, I searched through many leaderboard pages until I finally found myself right here:

As you can see, the people above me have far less wins than me. I know they have less games played, but I saw people higher up with around 100 games won, and they played thousands of games. I didn't make this thread to rant about how I'm not high enough. I'm genuinely satisfied with my standing, but I made this thread because I wanted to know how people are placed in the leaderboards.

Looking through them, I could see it was obvious that wins weren't the only factor. I'd like to know which stats actually play a role in ranking someone on the leaderboards. I'm not "mad" perse, I'm just confused and would like an explanation. This thread should be locked after I get an explanation, because I don't want anything negative going around this thread.

Have a nice day!

Kthxbai
-Mamiamato24

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
The leaderboards only update every so often, they clearly aren't automatic.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but I need to necro this thread. I've waited and I'm still at 2 682. I think it's less of a coincidence and more of a problem now.

Happyhose

Diamond
Reaction score
Im im not mistaking, I don't think its only your wins that rank you, but it's your other stats too such as win/death ratio and things like that.

Venkin

Career
Reaction score
The leaderboards updates every 24 hours so don't worry you will get on top of them ;)
I know that fact, but it hasnt updatet since 3 days ( 72 hours ) for me and lots of other players, its updates the win very fast but, the rank is still the same

pandawhite5

Survivor
Reaction score
The last LeaderBoard update was last Thursday, meaning, they haven't updated it for over a week. Do they have a pattern when updating the LeaderBoards? I have 216 wins right now and I'm stuck at rank 771 with people who only have around 185 wins

pandawhite5

Survivor
Reaction score
Im im not mistaking, I don't think its only your wins that rank you, but it's your other stats too such as win/death ratio and things like that.
You are very wrong sir. They will only rank you by your wins, never by anything else.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
You are very wrong sir. They will only rank you by your wins, never by anything else.
I think this is wrong. They also base it on your win/loss ratio. Some people are above others with less wins because they have a better ratio.

pandawhite5

Survivor
Reaction score
I think this is wrong. They also base it on your win/loss ratio. Some people are above others with less wins because they have a better ratio.
No, I don't think you understand. The Staff actually have to update the Leaderboards(Ranks) but the other stuff update automatically. Check for your self.

pandawhite5

Survivor
Reaction score
Sorry for double posting, but before last Thursday I was at Rank 900. After they updated it that day my rank was at 771. Plus ranking by Wins and Kill/Death Ratio sounds really complicated for them, don't you think?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci