• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lancaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanrr

Experienced
Reaction score
Introducing..

Lancaster was a map that JoshuaPlays And I (shanrrbananrr) decided on a little over a month ago. What makes this map different for many other maps is the personal story that lies behind it. The map is based upon the childhood memories I have of my father and the racing events we would go to quite often when he was still alive. These events were weekend events which most attendees would make into a weekend with family and friends. These events included such things as car shows, races, food, camping, entertainment etc. Events like these attracted many people which the creators of the events would place things like convenient stores, restaurants, coffee shops, hotels, apparel shops, and a police stations etc. so people wouldn't have to go far to get the necessities for their stay and the area would be secured with police enforcement. When deciding on a map idea I knew we could do a lot with the images I have stored in my head and in pictures that I have from my past. So, with my optimism and Josh's trust in my thoughts and images in my head we began to place blocks. Josh and I have never made a map before and can honestly tell you that we put our heart and soul into this map. We started with a flat land and I did what I thought looked good with terraforming while Josh grew some knowledge on world editing and permissions of his server. The designs of this map are all ours and based on the ideas from my past. We would love for you to use our map because its something different and we made it not only to be an amazing piece of art but also a playable sg map. We made sure to include some hidden traps and redstone secrets. We designed the map for sg gameplay, we made sure there was nice terraforming to align the flat areas for pvp. This map has a 303 radius and we designed the map to have equivalent design, terraforming, builds and terrain on all areas of this map. The map's spawn has 8 tier-2 chests places around the racing car center piece. The main reason we would like our map on The Hive vs: other servers is because we feel our map is different and unique in to which we believe The Hives Survival Games maps are. We believe that this map will add something different in which it has a story behind it and add to the effect it has when users play it.
We appreciate you looking at our map and its an honor to post it on your forums.

This map is 100% done
People who helped build Lancaster-
Shanrrbananrr JoshuaPlays ToeHair45 Qweasdrtyfgh Creepy_Crawler Golden_Champion Chris_Hill12 Jacobdoesgames Ryan_Ayden Cueue

Cinematic Trailer- which includes maps background-

Pictures to come...

Last edited:

OverLord547

Experienced
Reaction score
As I live in Lancaster this is a disgrace! Lancaster looks nothing like this! Seriously ltb (learn to build). BTW I actually live in Lancaster ask MCGamerzism

Reaction score
I agree with OverLord, as I live relatively close it doesn't look much like Lancaster, although I disagree with him that you need to learn to build as this looks like a very nice map regardless of not looking much like Lancaster.

On the other hand, OverLord547 if you are going to criticize a map please make it constructive criticism.

Last edited:

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
As I live in Lancaster this is a disgrace! Lancaster looks nothing like this! Seriously ltb (learn to build). BTW I actually live in Lancaster ask MCGamerzism
This isnt the best replica of Lancaster, but not being quite accurate has nothing to do with building. It is built very nicely

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Okay I'm going to give you some advice for your map since I can relate to it a lot because I built a map based of a city/place as well (SG California)

So one problem with your map is it doesnt actually look like lancaster, it may be based of your experience, but not like the well-known lancaster. The majority of builds are good, but some lack detail, and look very chunky and blocky. Terraforming is pretty sweet, and its good for PvP.

Thats really all I can say for this, because you havent put screenshots yet so make sure you attach them and I'll be sure to give you more Schemg :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci