• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

krealtalk 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuatara

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe if you really want him to consider it. you might want to work on your grammar?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If I had a dollar for every time this was brought up...

You're saying we take out the CA region and put a host in the middle of the US instead of the Southeast? Let's think this through. CubedHost (the host of our network) only has two regions in North America that can sustain such large networks as us. Want to guess where they are? Yup, Arizona and Quebec, the two hosts of our current North American networks. We understood that players in northern and eastern canada were having troubles getting decent connection to the US network, so we made the Canadian servers to help them out, over two years ago. If you live in the US, your bad connection to the US network is not our fault at all, it's your internet to blame. I live on the opposite corner of the country from the US host and get about 70-75ms, and almost all of my friends get about the same. The only time that ping will become a real problem anyway is if it's over 110. I get 30ms to CA, 70 to US and about 110 to EU. I can hardly tell a difference between my connections to CA and EU.

If I am wrong and there is a possibility to host our network somewhere in the US, there is a possibility that this could work, but not the specific way you put it. The reason we have the Canadian servers is because they're relatively inexpensive compared to everything else. If we found another host to move our US network to, and removed CA in order to do this, we would in effect be losing money.

This is also the reason that we haven't been able to find a solid location in South America yet. Would we like to have South American servers? Absolutely! Would they be practical economically at the time being? Absolutely not.

This issue has been addressed countless times before, thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci