• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is Windows 10 Good?

M3rsh

Experienced
Reaction score
Sort answer, yes anything is better than Windows 8 (if you have it). Long answer, in itself Windows 10 is great FOR BEING IN BETA STAGES, Yes the OS is still in test form and I would NOT recommend for Daily use for this reason.
Au contraire. In my testing, Win 10 has been running perfectly fine. There are no programs or apps that don't work, and everything I have done on it was fine.

Keep in mind that I'm not a power user. On the machine I ran it on, I played no games, so I can't really elaborate on performance as compared to Win 8 or something else, though I was amazed at how smoothly it ran. Before Win 10, I had eOS because Vista was unbearably slow. I was surprised at how smooth eOS was, but was utterly shocked at Win 10's smoothness.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Personally I think it looks great, combining the best features of previous versions.. but we shall see with the full release

Evvz

Spectator
Reaction score
From what I've seen, it's the same with Windows 8 (which is crap).
That is not true at all. First off, Windows 8.1 is not crap - I've been using it for over a year without issues. However, it doesn't change much for me from Windows 7. Windows 10 is definitely better though, Microsoft actually listened more to what the community wanted to see in their OS after the mostly negative feedback from Windows 8. I recommend you download the technical preview and see for yourself.

Reaction score
That is not true at all. First off, Windows 8.1 is not crap - I've been using it for over a year without issues. However, it doesn't change much for me from Windows 7. Windows 10 is definitely better though, Microsoft actually listened more to what the community wanted to see in their OS after the mostly negative feedback from Windows 8. I recommend you download the technical preview and see for yourself.
From what I've seen, it's the same with Windows 8 (which is crap).

Bowser52000

Career
Reaction score
Keep in mind that I'm not a power user. On the machine I ran it on, I played no games, so I can't really elaborate on performance as compared to Win 8 or something else, though I was amazed at how smoothly it ran. Before Win 10, I had eOS because Vista was unbearably slow. I was surprised at how smooth eOS was, but was utterly shocked at Win 10's smoothness.
Ah that's where I come in again, I am a power user and I play games, most of the games in steam did not work and after awhile the OS got slow soooooo yer I reinstalled 8.1. By then I got my desktop working again and put Windows 7 on it :p

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Has anyone here superstitiously followed the pattern of the Windows development?

Due to the fact that Windows 9 has been skipped, then the pattern will change! If Windows 10 is supposedly decent enough, then the whole cycle of Windows will alter to a more alternate sort of technological advancement reality, meaning that if Windows 9 wasn't skipped, then Windows 11 would have been the next decent generation.
However since it has been skipped, and Windows 10 is already in Beta stages, and from what I can see, it is good, then could that mean...
Windows 11 has been stolen from its good spot?

Illerminati. :I

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci