• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is this pc good?

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
What does SSD mean? Is it like a USB?
Dude I highly don't recommend building a PC with the lack of knowledge that you have in the field.
Do some more research. Watch video such as linustechtips or NCIX and watch videos that explain the parts.
You aren't going anywhere unless you do stuff like this.

Imagine building a Lego kit without instructions. That's what it is like with PC building

1qw3er5t6y

Career
Reaction score
Yo mate, don't go with the Z87 Motherboard it's out of date, go with a Z97, Faster, cheaper and better overall. SSD = Solid state drive, faster than a HDD which is what you are currently running for storage. I suggest you watch a lot of linustechtips, a youtube channel dedicated to pc's then build your pc. Looks alright tho.

Overclocking is making your CPU (Proccessor) run faster than its meant to, that is the reason why people buy that cpu cooler so they can get better performance. Intel cpus come with a stock cooler if you're going to not overclock, so if you're not then don't buy an extra cooler.

EzSp

Career
Reaction score
It makes me really sad that the thing you ask when making a gaming pc is how many fps you'll get on MC.

That pc will run almost any game without a problem. If all you are going to do is play minecraft then DO NOT BUY A $1000 PC. Only spend this amount if you are going to play some real games. Getting a good graphics card will not boost MC fps much. MC is almost solely reliant on your processor.

Reaction score
Yo mate, don't go with the Z87 Motherboard it's out of date, go with a Z97, Faster, cheaper and better overall. SSD = Solid state drive, faster than a HDD which is what you are currently running for storage. I suggest you watch a lot of linustechtips, a youtube channel dedicated to pc's then build your pc. Looks alright tho.

Overclocking is making your CPU (Proccessor) run faster than its meant to, that is the reason why people buy that cpu cooler so they can get better performance. Intel cpus come with a stock cooler if you're going to not overclock, so if you're not then don't buy an extra cooler.
Also Austin Evans :D

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6cmhYJ
I was wondering of this pc is good for minecraft. Also about how much fps would it run?
Suggestions:
  • Downgrade to a high-end i5 series for the CPU. i7's have slightly higher clock speeds but more threads, making them ideal for multithreading an intensive tasks like 3D modelling, video editting, and CAD. Minecraft, and videogames in general, don't require any of that. A high end i5 will net you basically the same gaming results as any i7, but at a much lower price point.
  • Put the money saved from the CPU downgrade into an SSD. The Samsung EVO series offer great performance at a great value, so you can pick up a 120 Gb SSD for only $70 or so. You'll appreciate the speed of an SSD, whilst keeping the raw storage capacity of your 1Tb HDD.
  • If you can, consider upgrading your videocard from a 750 Ti to a 760. The 750 is a great card that uses the Maxwell architecture which has great performance per watt, but it's worthwhile to push for a little more cash for a lot more raw horsepower of a 760. Both are bound to be cheap now that the geforce 900 series is released and still brand new.
  • After you get a 750 or 760, the next best upgrade for you to consider is upgrading to a better videocard. Save up your money for something from the 9 series, as the Maxwell architecture is showing some very promising performance.
Also, realize that this is gonna be an awesome machine that should run MC no problem. Heck, this $1000 rig might even be overkill for MC. You could easily afford to downsize and have some cash to spare.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci