• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES IronWorks 90% finished

Would this map be fun to play on?

• Total voters

HuggaBear

Career
Reaction score
I seriously CANNOT wait to play this map! It looks great!

Epo

Survivor
Reaction score
It's an interesting design so far, however the builds seem bland and un-detailed. If you start to use different blocks or at least detail some parts of the buildings then it can look 10x better!
The brick is suppose to be there, the industrial style consists of mostly brick and minimal design. That's the style I'm going for. Also detail isnt just fitting as many blocks as possible in areas, if you look at the second screenshot it has pillars and layers.

I like the design, but it doesn't really look like you put much detail into the buildings. It seems really open and barren, you need to add more things to make it look better. For Example, add some cars or construction materials.
I've been working on pasting cars in, im just super bad at cars lol, and I've been working on small things to put around the empty flat ground areas aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zable

Diamond
Reaction score
I did the top of the crane where is my MAP-MAKER!!11

Reactions: Epo

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
The brick is suppose to be there, the industrial style consists of mostly brick and minimal design. That's the style I'm going for. Also detail isnt just fitting as many blocks as possible in areas, if you look at the second screenshot it has pillars and layers.
Yeah, that minimalist feel is what I was getting when I was looking at the brick. I like it a lot. You didn't go overboard and made it more realistic than fantasy, which is a change of pace from our current maps. I like it. Keep up the good work :)

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
I understand the style, but the way it's built, it seems very bland. In the second screenshot all I see is a few base blocks and no detail whatsoever. It's not so appealing to the eye. I've been building for a while and this just seems half-assed. No offense, I'm only giving constructive criticism.
Chill. Spamming leaves and slabs, etc doesn't make a build more structurally sound or give purpose, it often takes away from the true integrity of a build.

Take this build for example. This is 'undetailed' yet it looks better than 99% of MCG map maker's builds. Simply spamming slabs onto a project doesn't make it better, creating builds with purpose makes builds better. Of course it's all a part of which style you choose; this is an obviously minimalistic style choice. Other builds can look great by adding details through slabs and leaves; it's just about picking the right style for the right occasion.

This looks good but of course it's not finished so wait until it's finished before you lash out again on your infinite knowledge of building ;)

Dead_Silence987

Quantum
Reaction score
Chill. Spamming leaves and slabs, etc doesn't make a build more structurally sound or give purpose, it often takes away from the true integrity of a build.

Take this build for example. This is 'undetailed' yet it looks better than 99% of MCG map maker's builds. Simply spamming slabs onto a project doesn't make it better, creating builds with purpose makes builds better. Of course it's all a part of which style you choose; this is an obviously minimalistic style choice. Other builds can look great by adding details through slabs and leaves; it's just about picking the right style for the right occasion.

This looks good but of course it's not finished so wait until it's finished before you lash out again on your infinite knowledge of building ;)
Like I said in one of my previous comments, it is only constructive criticism. Also if you read the first comment on this thread, one of the builders asked for our opinions. I never mentioned "spamming slabs" in any of my previous comments on this thread. I merely gave my opinion on what I think they should of done. Alongside that note, I only said that they should add MINOR details to the build. I also never said it didn't look good.

Dead_Silence987

Quantum
Reaction score

When you are building something for a big server such as MCGamer and post it on the forums asking for our opinions, you can't just expect to get all good feedback because the build may not suit everyones likings. I like the design and the idea, I just think they should add MINOR details, not "spamming leaves and slabs"

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
When you are building something for a big server such as MCGamer and post it on the forums asking for our opinions, you can't just expect to get all good feedback because the build may not suit everyones likings. I like the design and the idea, I just think they should add MINOR details, not "spamming leaves and slabs"
Well then, perhaps you should have specified exactly what types of details you wanted :p Constructive criticism is, well, constructive and "adding details" is as vague as you can get.
I will stop now though, as I can see this is turning into a fight

Dead_Silence987

Quantum
Reaction score
Well then, perhaps you should have specified exactly what types of details you wanted :p Constructive criticism is, well, constructive and "adding details" is as vague as you can get.
I will stop now though, as I can see this is turning into a fight
I specified that they should add minor details. I'm not going to speak for everyone in the MCG Community because not everyone has the same likes. I was done posting about this because the creators of this map had already responded and acknowledged my input, but you had to stir things up... I was only being friendly and giving feedback as they asked. I'm done now. Have a nice night

Flarby_McMuffin

Spectator
Reaction score
I specified that they should add minor details. I'm not going to speak for everyone in the MCG Community because not everyone has the same likes. I was done posting about this because the creators of this map had already responded and acknowledged my input, but you had to stir things up... I was only being friendly and giving feedback as they asked. I'm done now. Have a nice night
Yo man don't worry we'll keep this map updated and keep you updated as well. This map is in the forums "in progress" for a reason. And we have to use the same blocks otherwise the map will look nasty. Its like you making a map made out of gold then adding one emerald building, it would look bad. :>
I seriously CANNOT wait to play this map! It looks great!
and thank you so much! I see you in the hub and lobbies a lot. If you would like to know more about it you can just talk to me in-game or pm me or eyedea_. :> Cheers!

Azorces

Career
Reaction score
Good idea for a map here are some suggestions to get your map to the next level
  • From the screenshots the roads don't seem detailed enough add more than just gravel
  • Add more boats just different types
  • There is too much color in some areas drawing your eye away from the creations you have made
  • Gold blocks diamond blocks and anvils are being used to much
  • You need to create a vocal point in your map that connects to the title of your map
  • How is this map an iron works? From what I see it's a bunch of warehouses houses parks and a crane
If you improve on those things this map will look plenty better and more appealing to the people who choose the maps.

Feel free to contact me if you have anymore questions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci