• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Introducing the TrashTalk Filter!

SuperMCSam

Career
Reaction score
Well, no objections. I like what you have done with it, coding is by yourself. This way, it can be changed according to the need. It's a pretty good idea :)

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
This was implemented a lot faster than I expected. So glad to see this in the game! c:

Flame_

Spectator
Reaction score
The only problem is that i've encountered some players with 'Rekt' 'Ez' in the name and i couldn't write their names in chat

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
With this filter new "evidence" was found on me (for my 3 days ban for insults) although I was kidding in all of those messages, as they were referred to my friend SawkPlaysMC, but whatever, have to say the filter looks good (experienced it 3 days ago, while kidding ofc).

Reaction score
Irony is, now there's gonna be more spam because people will try to bypass the filter by typing f-ck with multiple "u"s and spamming the chat even more.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL. It seems that CreeperFarts really impacted on the MCGamer Staff.
For the record, this idea was first suggested by players a while ago, and plans to implement the filter have been in the works for a month or so at least, with the first confirmation of work being done prior to CreeperFarts's post and video.

That being said, the outcry of support was a great motivator for everyone, and it helped us stay focused and push out the filter in a timely manner.

Irony is, now there's gonna be more spam because people will try to bypass the filter by typing f-ck with multiple "u"s and spamming the chat even more.
We've always had a filter beforehand and people always bypassed it regardless. Having a new filter isn't going to change that.

What this does allow us to do is log their chat and punish them accordingly. They can bypass all they want; we can ban them all we want.

ILY 2.

Reaction score
For the record, this idea was first suggested by players a while ago, and plans to implement the filter have been in the works for a month or so at least, with the first confirmation of work being done prior to CreeperFarts's post and video.

That being said, the outcry of support was a great motivator for everyone, and it helped us stay focused and push out the filter in a timely manner.

We've always had a filter beforehand and people always bypassed it regardless. Having a new filter isn't going to change that.

What this does allow us to do is log their chat and punish them accordingly. They can bypass all they want; we can ban them all we want.

ILY 2.
Oh, that sounds better then :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci