• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Internet Friends!

xPenguini

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello everyone I have a topic to talk about with everyone and get to know more about their experiences.

Onto the topic, today I met an internet friend for the third time. We have met/hung out two times before already. I have known this girl for about a year and a half now. Her name is LaurenPooo. We became friends through YouTube and grew our friendship through playing on the MCGamer Network, the Anarchy Faction server, and Mineplex. Over the months we grew closer and closer and realized that we live twenty minutes away from each other and should definitely meet up.

The first time we met up was amazing. It was incredible to see someone you grew such a great relationship online with in person. Most people say to not trust people online, and I do agree with that, but its amazing to know that not everyone is a "catfish." Since we met in person I believe our friendship grew and now we hang out even more as if we were "irl", or in real life, friends. The connections I had with her made us better friends than I have been with most of my other not online friends.

I was curious to see if anyone else had such an uplifting opportunity as I, without particularly going to vidcon. For example, if you found out if you live close to each other or just took a trip to see one another. I'd love to know and see if our experiences had anything in common! :) I hope to meet many other internet in the friends as it is truly a wonderful and inspiring moment to experience.

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
i'm planning on meeting a few friends of mine IRL at some point, we're both interested in chilling together
a friend of mine who just started college in seattle and possibly Mooclan since he lives close to me
and meeting Pingzza would be a dream of mine ;)

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Minecon 2013 was fantastic for meeting up with internet friends. ChadtheDJ, Forairan, SixZoSeven (The only Sr. Mod there besides me Dx), SomBoDee, Adragonfire9, Decemberr, subv3rsion, RazzledGirl, and more! Had a great time there, but that was a while ago >~<

I have a planned meetup with some friends this February, and hopefully soon my girlfriend and I can plan a meetup ^~^ Once she comes out as MtF and Bi to her family of course... That'd be an awkward situation if I showed up before then x~x

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
I've met up with a good internet friend of mine, Lovelights in person. Had a wonderful time bowling and chatting with him. It's nice being able to talk to someone face to face after learning so much about them for a couple years.

I do plan on meeting up with a couple other internet friends, and if all goes well, it will happen. c:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I've met a lot of incredible friends over the internet that I've known and still talk to semi-regularly for over a year. (Bunns plimpy41 Chiller4 brirocks123 MathewTheLatios Avesu) and then there are friends who I've known for maybe not as long, but I've known them enough to become what I'd, at least, consider to be very good friends and I can trust these people with a lot of things (besides my home address :^) ) (duckluv321 soggypickle ChrisComedies AuroraV2 Krafty AGFire2013 [AMBER YOU NEED TO SPEAK] Mooclan Nephilim PickedBroken violetheart17, more that I'm too tired to list :c )

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Tal_Pal (who I want to slap cause he freaking scared me by saying hi while he was being quiet for a bit *angry face*) came and visited me back in August, travelled from Wisconsin to Nova Scotia just to see me :)

With the whole "catfish" stuff happening on the internet, it is difficult at first to meet people in the internet, but I knew I was fine with Tal because we faced time for a good three months every night of our relationship. I think with that constant seeing them in a camera, moving, and talking, it was much easier to be able to meet, and know him, compare to probably a lot of people.

Just don't be scared to meet people on the internet, give it a chance.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I plan to meet up with a lot of internet friends- some more realistic than others. Firstly, I'd like to meet the Perth players such as Bowser52000 iVelocityGaming and Pandah. I think I will meet iVelocityGaming first as we are both the same age and it would be more comfortable if we met :3. There are many other people around the world that I'd like to meet, here are a few; KitMencha, soggypickle, Mooclan, Miner9823, BitoBain and a whole lot more. ^_^

Reaction score
Be careful for whatever you do meet up don't tell a person. Some can be dangers then can either kill you or rape you so be careful when you meetup and don't tell them you're adress.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
I've never met up with someone irl after meeting them online, but I have had the opposite happen without planning it. One time I was in a lobby and I saw a guy join... I recognized his name but I couldn't figure out why. I started creeping on him a little bit, trying to figure out who he was, then I realized I had seen the name on the login for a computer at a library near me. He was like "Are you a wizard?" as I guessed what state he lived in and stuff like that.

He was with another guy who kept asking me a bunch of questions, so I figured it was his little amigo. We both played on SG 4 and all three of us died pretty quickly. After a bit, I figured out who they were, and they were a lot closer to me than I thought. One was my best friend from fifth grade, (awkward) and the other was the smartest kid in my math class, also the brother of a kid in band. After that I finally confessed who I was. So that was kind of odd the next time I saw them...

Anyways, I doubt I'll ever meet anyone from MCG, but it would be fun to anyway. I would love to meet Mooclan, Miner9823, Blamph, G33ke, duckluv321, Lovelights, AGFire2013, Ceroria, and lots of others. Basically, I think it would be amazing to go to Minecon but I likely never will.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci