• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Increasing the Gamma of Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedgehog4799

Survivor
Reaction score
Hi I usually increase the gamma in the options.txt to see in the dark and have night vision :p Is this allowed in MCSG because I don't want to get banned for it ;)
Thanks
-Hedgehog4799 :D

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, to be honest I don't really know if anyone can tell you did that. But just to be safe I might not do it.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Hi I usually increase the gamma in the options.txt to see in the dark and have night vision :p Is this allowed in MCSG because I don't want to get banned for it ;)
Thanks
-Hedgehog4799 :D
*backs up a few feet to read*

I think it is disallowed.
Anything that improves your character/game's performance is considered a hack, and hacks are against the rules.
The only reason this wouldn't be considered a hack is because it's available to everyone.
I'd just avoid it for now like RC_4777 said.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Should be an inclusion the rule. Since it only modifies his client like changing your POV to Quake Pro. There's no extra files in there, just modified ones.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Should be an inclusion the rule. Since it only modifies his client like changing your POV to Quake Pro. There's no extra files in there, just modified ones.
I'ma modify my max speed to 50 blocks per second. c:

Chocostarr

Experienced
Reaction score
IMO having optfine's zoom gives much more advantages compared to increasing your gamma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci