• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Increase map size limit

Do you think the map size limit should be expanded?

• Yes , I want wide open spaces

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • No , I like being crowded together

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So , when I first started playing , I decided I'd go 20k blocks from spawn before I built my base.
I hopped on my boat and crossed a massive ocean biome for about 30 minutes. Then , at 10k blocks , I had reached the border. I didn't think that was far enough seens that the server holds 150 people but I inhabited a small island right on the border. I had a visit from noahsailor while I was not online , he took my diamonds but it wasn't anything bad. After a second visit , this time from agentpanda , we had to move. We re-located only to find that our new base (also on the border) was right beside another one. That was a good thing and we got lots of stuff , but it proved how small the map really is.
Think about it. The map limit is 10kx10k. If each player lived in a 500x500 vicinity of eachother with 150 people on the server it just overcrowds the map. I would like the limit to be doubled to 20k AT LEAST for such a large server and playerbase. There is no way you can have an area on the map without running into somebody else , or old settlements , random torches , strutctures etc.
And as for the nether... Since the nether is eight times smaller than the normal world it really causes problems. One of them being resources such as quarts and nether castles being raided and mined until they become a rare sighting. The nether should be at least 8 times the size as the overworld for it to be effective.

I hope people agree with this , I hate running into random things wherever I go.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Maybe a bit, but it's already hard enough to find bases in a 20k x 20k world xP

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Bigger would be cool but then it would be harder to find people

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
As good as bigger to be, bigger means more server lag, due to people spreading out, making more data for the server to handle.

oPhlashy

Spectator
Reaction score
Finding people would be a rarity, increased lagg, however i agree things need to be MORE spread out! Yes, Yes, Yes!

Antster360

District 13
Reaction score
As good as bigger to be, bigger means more server lag, due to people spreading out, making more data for the server to handle.
Yeah that is the only problem with expanding. We sometimes lag because of 160 players and the fact that there is like 100,000+ Chunks loaded and being edited.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah that is the only problem with expanding. We sometimes lag because of 160 players and the fact that there is like 100,000+ Chunks loaded and being edited.
Maybe expand it on a trial basis and see how it goes?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci