• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Idea] Fair Sponsor System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emylbus

Spectator
Reaction score
I know there are other threads on the topic, but all are flawed and give huge advantages to either donors or people with 500 points.

My proposed method of adding a sponsor system would involve a money system similar to iconomy:

• Each daybreak, spectators get some arbitrary amount of money, like $50. Players who die later in the game will receive the same amount of money as other players who died earlier. For example, someone who dies the first day would receive $50 each night. The person who dies on the fifth day would receive $250 that first following daybreak, and $50 every subsequent.
  • They can spend said money at a warp such as "/warp sponsors" where they can purchase non overpowered items, such as small amounts of bread/iron items. It would be very important that the admins who define the prices would make sure that it would not overpower the player, no matter how much stuff they got. This means no diamond armor (though individual diamonds for like $150 or so each should be fine).
  • Only players that have died as tributes should be paid, this would prevent someone from logging in with a ton of alts as spectators to just give their friend a lot of stuff and an unfair advantage.
  • Do not let people send money to other people, that way you can't have people compile their money on the second day to give someone a diamond sword.
Not only would this encourage people to make friends with multiple players (so that they could get more items), but would give Spectators important decisions to make. If a guy is starving to death, one of these Sponsors could spend their daily allowance to buy a couple pieces of cooked beef and throw them the starving tribute's way.
I'm new here, so I probably haven't thought of everything, or perhaps I missed a thread that already suggested this (I did search for "sponsor"!) , so please tell me how my logic is flawed or how this is an over powered system!
Happy Hunting,
[KOG]Emylbus

Edit: An alternative would be giving each sponsor a single stipend to spend, of like $200, which they would have to use sparingly for the rest of the games. Though, I like the increasing amounts, because it would really help people in the end game and encourage the underdog

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
There doesw appear to be a lot of people wanting some kind of sponsoring system. From what i understand of your idea is that you earn x*n (where n = number of day alive and x = fixed dollar amount) and can then spend that money in some kind of arbitrary store? I've personally suggested that the spectators have some control over supporting (to a similar extent as you've mentioned: food/armour/weapons), but this was focused on giving a greater purpose for people staying in the game after death.
I think you've covered most of the bases for removing the chances of over-powering players, but possibly you could add some kind of extra reward for performing a certain task each day. this could be from opening a specific chest or crafting a certain item or something along those lines (do not include kiling people in this though, as it is to support players who are unable to kill and thus giving them the chance to stand up against the stronger tributes remaining)

Emylbus

Spectator
Reaction score
There doesw appear to be a lot of people wanting some kind of sponsoring system. From what i understand of your idea is that you earn x*n (where n = number of day alive and x = fixed dollar amount) and can then spend that money in some kind of arbitrary store?
Not really. What I mean is that every dead tribute will have access to the same amount of money to purchase goods for the alive tributes.

Let's pretend there are 2 sponsors, the first is a tribute that died the first day and the second is one that died the 5th day. I'll go over their total balances at the end of each allowance cycle (assuming the players are saving up their money and you only get money at the dawn of the day after you die):
  1. Day 1 - $0 (Died this day) | Day 2 - $50 | Day 3 - $100 | Day 4 - $150 | Day 5 - $200 | Day 6 - $250 | Day 7 - $300
  2. Day 1 - $0 | Day 2 - $0 | Day 3 - $0 | Day 4 - $0 | Day 5 - $0 (Died this day) | Day 6 - $250 | Day 7 - $300
This way, you won't have teammates purposely dying the first day so that they could save up more money to buy l33t items.

I think you've covered most of the bases for removing the chances of over-powering players, but possibly you could add some kind of extra reward for performing a certain task each day. this could be from opening a specific chest or crafting a certain item or something along those lines (do not include kiling people in this though, as it is to support players who are unable to kill and thus giving them the chance to stand up against the stronger tributes remaining)
This is supposed to be mainly for the spectators of games (dead tributes only so it can't be abused) so they have something to do and would become invested in what happens in the game. It would also help any player struggling (by giving them tools/food etc) whereas any player that is already doing well probably will already have in their inventory anything the "sponsors" could give them. Instead of being rewarded for

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
Not really. What I mean is that every dead tribute will have access to the same amount of money to purchase goods for the alive tributes.

Let's pretend there are 2 sponsors, the first is a tribute that died the first day and the second is one that died the 5th day. I'll go over their total balances at the end of each allowance cycle (assuming the players are saving up their money and you only get money at the dawn of the day after you die):
  1. Day 1 - $0 (Died this day) | Day 2 - $50 | Day 3 - $100 | Day 4 - $150 | Day 5 - $200 | Day 6 - $250 | Day 7 - $300
  2. Day 1 - $0 | Day 2 - $0 | Day 3 - $0 | Day 4 - $0 | Day 5 - $0 (Died this day) | Day 6 - $250 | Day 7 - $300
This way, you won't have teammates purposely dying the first day so that they could save up more money to buy l33t items.
Makes a little more sense now, but i think it would be easier to code if they recieved the money anyway despite being alive or dead, but they can only access the commands once they are a dead tribute.

There is still nothing to stop someone from purposefully dying so they can give their friend a better sword if they are nable to find two decent ones (i had this issue in the last game i played, my friend and i sacked about 10 chests and we only found a single stone sword, so i died when we got cornered by a bunch of mobs) it is for this reason i want some control to be given to live players, even if this is to ask the spectators for a specific item, rather than the specs trying to guess what they need (especially as there is now way to communicate apart from skype or whatever)

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
theres only three nights per game... just so you know, and this would also increase camping

SirCraftMine

Experienced
Reaction score
This is the best sponsor system post I have found yet. I would really love for this system to be implemented.

"theres only three nights per game... just so you know, and this would also increase camping"

The sponsors probably dont like campers that much and therefor will decide not to give him anything. Who would you rather spend your points on? A camper or some1 who is working his butt of trying to get stuff around the map?

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
that would give an unfair advantage to players in a skype call with their dead friend... i would 100% Abuse this!

SirCraftMine

Experienced
Reaction score
that would give an unfair advantage to players in a skype call with their dead friend... i would 100% Abuse this!
I dont think so since there are more then 1 spectators. So 1 player focusing on his friend with sponsorship shouldn't affect the balance too much.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
no, i mean, being able to see in other peoples inventory as SPEC.

Emylbus

Spectator
Reaction score
As SirCraftMine said, only one or two people focusing on a single player shouldn't change the outcome of a fight too much. If these sponsors see guys teaming up, chances are they would help the underdog, cause everyone loves a good underdog story. But regardless, this will give people incentives to try to make friends with other players and give the sponsors a good show. Of course the prices of items/availability would have to be carefully crafted.

As for the whole 3 nights per game thing, I didn't realize that. Well you can just modify the pay out to twice a day or whatever.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As SirCraftMine said, only one or two people focusing on a single player shouldn't change the outcome of a fight too much. If these sponsors see guys teaming up, chances are they would help the underdog, cause everyone loves a good underdog story. But regardless, this will give people incentives to try to make friends with other players and give the sponsors a good show. Of course the prices of items/availability would have to be carefully crafted.

As for the whole 3 nights per game thing, I didn't realize that. Well you can just modify the pay out to twice a day or whatever.
sounds like a good idea : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci