• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I need help with optifine!

__DarkVoid__

Diamond
Reaction score
If you have already added the mod on the Setup menu, you should probably check your environment settings. If you're on the Setup menu, find the environment tab, an open it. Make sure that it's set to 1.6.2. Also, under the mods tab, be sure that the status is listed as "OK." Be sure that you have the absolute latest version of Optifine. I believe that version should be Optifine_1.6.2_HD_U_B4. If you don't have that version, you should make sure to download it. :)

I checked and everything is exactly as you said it should be, except it still freezes :'(

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I checked and everything is exactly as you said it should be, except it still freezes :'(
Oh noes! :confused:
Not sure what exactly's happening. Is it that Optifine itself doesn't work, or that Minecraft freezes?

__DarkVoid__

Diamond
Reaction score
Oh noes! :confused:
Not sure what exactly's happening. Is it that Optifine itself doesn't work, or that Minecraft freezes?

What happens is that when I open minecraft with optifine installed the game just freezes, its like a lag spike, except for a lot longer. I do not think it is the minecraft I think optifine is doing something which is causing the freezes because my minecraft never freezes and usually stays at like 100+ fps

Sshrooms

Tribute
Reaction score
I really can't fix this problem you've seem to the everything. Are you using the latest version of Optifne? and do you have any other mods?Forge?

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
What happens is that when I open minecraft with optifine installed the game just freezes, its like a lag spike, except for a lot longer. I do not think it is the minecraft I think optifine is doing something which is causing the freezes because my minecraft never freezes and usually stays at like 100+ fps
Huh. So it doesn't freeze when you don't run it with Optifine? My only suggestion then would be to install it using the vanilla launcher, or some other program such as Forge. It's really weird, MagicLauncher runs Optifine just fine for me.

__DarkVoid__

Diamond
Reaction score
Lol, everybody keeps repeating each other, I already said up there somewhere ( ^^^^ ) that when I install it with vanilla launcher it does the same thing, I am using the latest version and I have no other mods installed (I think)

I guess I'll just wait for a new version of Optifine or magic launcher to come out :/ maybe it will be fixed in a newer version

__DarkVoid__

Diamond
Reaction score
I think its time, to send an ANGRY EMAIL TO OPTIFINE!!!!!!!!11111!!!111!!!!!!

flok

Diamond
Reaction score
I cant seem to find the chunk loading settings you mentioned, I tried changing a setting called "Smooth World" but I still got the freezes, can you please show me a screenshot?
It's in video settings and then 5 boxes down on the right side of the page, there's a screenshot too :)

Attachments

flok

Diamond
Reaction score
OMG, lol thats funny, look. I dont have "chunk loading" it goes right from "Advanced open GL" to "clouds". LOL :O
Oh wow, that is very weird, are you sure you have the right version of optifine? Also is that the faithful resource pack? because if it is than it might be causing the freezes. I tried faithful for about a week and my minecraft would freeze aswell so I had to get rid of it.

__DarkVoid__

Diamond
Reaction score
Oh wow, that is very weird, are you sure you have the right version of optifine? Also is that the faithful resource pack? because if it is than it might be causing the freezes. I tried faithful for about a week and my minecraft would freeze aswell so I had to get rid of it.

Interestingly enough I think the problem has fixed itself, I logged onto minecraft yesterday with optifine installed and it worked fine in both singleplayer and multiplayer. I just tried it again before writing this and it has yet to freeze on me, maybe somehow the problem was resolved? Anyway I'm not complaining, I will report back to this thread if the freezes start up again. As for the chunk loading thing I don't know why I don't have it. I am positive I have the latest version of optifine.

Anyway, thanks to you all for helping me, hopefully the problem will stay resolved and the freezes will not come back :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci