• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Huahwi and other internet trolls.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
For some reason, people on the internet these days will believe anything they see, from almost any source. They do not doubt it at all, they just assume it is true, because someone said it was. This can create several problems.

The first is that people can harm themselves, by believing that a giveaway is true, or that the download link really gives them what they want. People tend to not think, and make sure it is a credible thing, before they click it. This is the way people's accounts get hacked, this is also a good way to get a virus.

The second problem is that false information gets spread. For the purpose of this discussion, I will use Huahwi's disappearance as an example, as there has been countless false rumors spread by people believing everything. I will start with Huahwi's Facebook page. This has stirred up a lot of rumors, as people actually think that Huahwi is behind it. Well, actually it is fan operated. How do I know? Well, if you look at Huahwi's Youtube page, you will see that on the bottom left side of his banner, he has some links. These links go to his MCSG profile, Google Plus, and his Twitter. His Facebook is not on there. Hmmm, interesting. Well like I said, that's because it is not actually him. If you want further proof read the recent messages, and it will become very obvious it is not him. However, people for a while believed it was him, and thought he was still alive, because that Facebook account was still active. This confused quite a good number of people, as they thought he was still on the internet.

Continuing on about his Facebook, the fan who is operating it caused quite the mess a few weeks ago, when he found a Twitter account called Garry Huang. (Keep in mind, by this time everyone knew it was fan run.) For those who don't know, Huahwi's Youtube channel is Youtube.com/huahwi123, not youtube.com/huahwi. The common belief for this is that he for some reason may have accidentally taken the youtube.com/huahwi url for his personal account. This is because youtube.com/huahwi if for a channel called Garry Huang. Huahwi's first name is Garry, so it would be quite the coincidence. Keep in mind, don't believe that what I just said about Garry Huang is 100% true, because there is no way to 100% prove it as a fact. Anyway, the reason I mentioned Garry Huang, is because the owner of the Facebook page, went on a social media hunt for Garry Huang. He found a dude name Garry Huang on Twitter and Facebook, and advertised it on his Facebook page. All of the "believers" spammed his accounts, and Garry Huang responded with this:

Because a large number of people believed that this random dude on Facebook had found the correct Garry Huang, an innocent Garry Huang was harassed and bombarded with messages for no reason. I most admit, there is not evidence to support that he is not actually Huahwi, other than that he claims he's not. In fact he is even a gamer. But, should we really bother someone without solid evidence other than the same name? Search Garry Huang on Twitter or Facebook, there are a lot or results.

Just as if that wasn't already enough, a few internet trolls have photoshopped a youtube page to make it look like Huahwi uploaded an episode #109. Today, a troll posted a photoshopped image on our forums. Sadly, there are plenty of believers in this community. Many believed a random guy posting on these forums, without even checking Huahwi's youtube to see if it was there. Or um, noticing the ridiculous view count. If they had they would have seen episode #108 as the most recent one.

So, that's all I have. The message that I am getting at is too not trust anything you see on the internet is true at first glance. Take the necessary steps to make sure it is legit. This could be from looking for evidence, to making sure it is from a credible source. Being alert and thinking first could save you from a virus, or an innocent person from harassment. As for this thread, only believe in it if you think my evidence is enough to make it legit. Too even take it an extra step I will cite my sources.

Huahwi's youtube account.
Garry Huang's youtube account.
Troll thread on MCG forums.
Fan made Huahwi Facebook
Garry Huang Twitter
UPDATE (August 9th):
This is a fake Huahwi account posting a reply on his latest message. You have to click on the channel to see that it's fake.

Last edited:

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
I think people like to believe that something happens. They just can't comprehend that something just might be gone for a long time, and search for something to believe in.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Well, first off, this is the first I've heard of the fake FB, and the wrong guy on Twitter. It's actually a bit surprising that someone would go to that extent, seeing as they don't gain anything. I also feel bad for the Garry Huang fellow on Twitter.
(And it does raise the question, once again, is the real Huahwi safe?)

Some extra precautionary tips:
Hover over hyperlinks before clicking them. If you don't know that they are 100% safe and reputable, slide your cursor over them in order to see where the link leads. A Hyperlink is something like this. If you put your mouse over it, you'll see in the corner of your screen (on Chrome, bottom left) exactly where the link will direct you to.
Verify the source. If you aren't completely sure, contact the poster of (X) information to make sure that it was indeed them who posted it, and that it wasn't someone else who took over their account or a bot. The real person will reply with a very human-like response, and their style of writing. A pretender or bot will most likely make some sort of slip-up.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Well, first off, this is the first I've heard of the fake FB, and the wrong guy on Twitter. It's actually a bit surprising that someone would go to that extent, seeing as they don't gain anything. I also feel bad for the Garry Huang fellow on Twitter.
(And it does raise the question, once again, is the real Huahwi safe?)

Some extra precautionary tips:
Hover over hyperlinks before clicking them. If you don't know that they are 100% safe and reputable, slide your cursor over them in order to see where the link leads. A Hyperlink is something like this. If you put your mouse over it, you'll see in the corner of your screen (on Chrome, bottom left) exactly where the link will direct you to.
Verify the source. If you aren't completely sure, contact the poster of (X) information to make sure that it was indeed them who posted it, and that it wasn't someone else who took over their account or a bot. The real person will reply with a very human-like response, and their style of writing. A pretender or bot will most likely make some sort of slip-up.
For a while people believe Huahwi was still alive, because the fan on the Facebook kept active. It wasn't until he started looking for Garry Huang, that people finally realized it wasn't him. The only way I heard about the Facebook page, was because I saw a Youtube comment on one of Huahw's vids that said something like, "Look he is still alive, he posted something on Facebook yesterday and linked the page." In a reply someone mentioned that it was fan run. I went to Huahwi's channel to see if he linked a Facebook and I noticed he didn't. So I assumed it was probably fake. Of course, we all now know it was.

LovinMcBitz

Platinum
Reaction score
Its more of a curiosity of where Huahwi went, nothing more and nothing less. But people who stalk them on social media is kinda sad.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Its more of a curiosity of where Huahwi went, nothing more and nothing less. But people who stalk them on social media is kinda sad.
Then this proves that we shouldn't let our curiosity get the better of us, and maybe we should have learned more from the moral in Curious George.

WilloWizard

Platinum
Reaction score
Is there a place where I can see the other 1032 tips?
But seriously, that guy posted a troll thread about BSM being allowed yesterday :'c

LovinMcBitz

Platinum
Reaction score
Then this proves that we shouldn't let our curiosity get the better of us, and maybe we should have learned more from the moral in Curious George.
No offense, but you can't you say that you should let curiosity not get the better of you. Everyone has it and can't help it. Not to the point where you stalk someone on the internet.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Is there a place where I can see the other 1032 tips?
But seriously, that guy posted a troll thread about BSM being allowed yesterday :'c
ik, I saw that. But look at the amount of people who still believed him in the replies. And for the other 1032 tips, I don't want to write 1032 more threads this long.
No offense, but you can't you say that you should let curiosity not get the better of you. Everyone has it and can't help it. Not to the point where you stalk someone on the internet.
So if your so curious about something, don't you want to know what really happened? I don't understand how this thread has anything against curiosity. It points out that you should make sure stuff is true first. I mean I am curious about Huahwi too. So, since I want to know what happened, I am going to avoid the red herrings. That is what this thread is about. Use this tips, it will help your curiosity.

WilloWizard

Platinum
Reaction score
ik, I saw that. But look at the amount of people who still believed him in the replies. And for the other 1032 tips, I don't want to write 1032 more threads this long.
So you made up a random number or you have these tips on your computer? Because I'd (honestly) like to see them please :D

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
So you made up a random number or you have these tips on your computer? Because I'd (honestly) like to see them please :D
I have a lot of internet tips in my head. Haven't decided to count them all yet. So, I decided to guess what number I was on. No, I am not typing them up for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci