• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to get 'known'?

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That right there is my main problem. I can't write. I have an idea and I cannot put it into a sentence. I usually just end up just making a joke instead because anything I do write would be a ton of rubbish.
I have the same problem :L
Although my dyslexia makes it even harder for me. I know what I want to say, bu I can never get it written down :L

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Make a difference, or a popular thread.

If you make some kind of difference in the community, you're bound to be known and recognized.

Creating a popular thread, something like "Show Yourself" can also get you noticed; "Hey, look, it's that guy who made the post with 1,000 replies on the forums!".

With all that said, it isn't always about being popular. While being popular and well-known is great, if you're enjoying your time on the forums, that's all you need.

Sometimes being well known can be a bad thing, such as being targeted in-game, or acquiring some haters.

Additionally, if you're an older player/forummer, you'll be recognized :p.
In other words, stick around! xP

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
Remember, quality over quantity. A few essays will be remembered a lot more than a load of 1 sentence posts. It definitely helps if you want to be known.
Not always true, I'd consider myself "half-known" and I can't remember the last time I made a post longer than 4 lines. But most of my posts are witty, and somewhat comical in a sense.

Or you could just be like MiCr2 and only post cat pictures. That gets you known.

EDIT: I seriously had no idea that Dice posted that cat remark above. ^^^

REALITYsuccz

Tribute
Reaction score
Have an unforgettable avatar or one that stands out. When browsing forums I completely for get names but when I see that persons avatar I go: "oh I remember him."

sionghwee

Experienced
Reaction score
I love these forums, I spend quite a lot of time on them and I've racked up 700 posts, but I still feel like I'm 'unknown'
In short, I'd really like to make some friends and get my name out there :p
You are known to meD:

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
How to be known:

1. Play on these servers. I know you probably do but people will recognize you if you win and play a lot or team with people

2. Be active on the forums and truly make a difference. Not trying to sound corny by that but like slasher said make a g33ke post or what someone else said earlier a really popular thread. Those really help and will help gain popularity. Another idea is to join a team. Teams help build relationships with people and the people in your clan will get to know you more and notice you on the forums.

3. Teamspeak would also help a lot. This is where everyone who is "popular" on the forums get's known and meets some of their first friends on MCSG.

Reactions: Le0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci