• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to buy Minecraft with a prepaid visa?

ForScience

Experienced
Reaction score
So I recently bought a prepaid visa card worth 30$. I tried to buy minecraft with it, when this came up:
"Error placing order

An error occurred while placing order, please verify credit card info and try again".

I entered all of the information correctly.
Any ideas?

Triping

Platinum
Reaction score
The easiest way is to transfer the money from one PayPal to another

Luka

Quantum
Reaction score
No idea, I've been having problems with PaySafeCard and I switched to PayPal, it worked perfectly ._.

Girls

Platinum
Reaction score
Your best bet is to get the money into your paypal account, then use paypal as the payment method, and not the visa card itself.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
I'd say make a PayPal, and transfer the money from the card into the account.

Juvx

Platinum
Reaction score
So I recently bought a prepaid visa card worth 30$. I tried to buy minecraft with it, when this came up:
"Error placing order

An error occurred while placing order, please verify credit card info and try again".

I entered all of the information correctly.
Any ideas?
On the back of the card there should be a website link where you can verify the card. You must verify the card before you can spend any of the money on the card. Once you've verified you should have no trouble using it.

For example: If you buy a prepaid card from walmart the website is walmartgift.com

TDSpacegoat

Spectator
Reaction score
I am unable to buy it either.
Tried two Visa cards I have
Tried PayPal
Tried it on Chrome (turned off AdBlock), IE on a new computer.
Tried it on Chrome on a second computer.
Even if I click the Skrill link and get the same error.
Is the payment service down? Or is there some YouTube series of videos showing the complex steps I need to take to purchase a game?

roygator14

Career
Reaction score
You actually cannot buy Minecraft directly with a credit card if you live outside of the U.S.
Mojang is located in a foreign country, meaning purchasing something from the country with your card, will result in an error, and the company will more than likely contact you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci