• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How does maps get chosen to be in mcsg and how does the map testers find the chests?

BaconBacteria

Spectator
Reaction score
Well I was thinking on making a map with my friends and I was thinking on how does maps get chosen to be added to mcsg and IF mods/admins test the map how do they find everything and all the secrets, Also how frequent do maps get added to mcsg and how do they test the maps?

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There will soon be a committee who will choose them. Not sure when the next wave of maps will be added but I would say about a month from now.

Whiplash_Ninja

Tribute
Reaction score
I would like to know more info on this also, i know how to increase my chances of getting a map chosen from the guide, but there are heaps of small questions i need to get answered. (Started playing online 3 days ago)

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would like to know more info on this also, i know how to increase my chances of getting a map chosen from the guide, but there are heaps of small questions i need to get answered. (Started playing online 3 days ago)
Just , if you make a good map it will be added. Thats all you need to know.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
They use a hacked client in order to find and set tiers easily. The rest I don't really know :/

aussieentice

Career
Reaction score
Each map is showcased in a thread posted in the ''Map Downloads and Discussions'' section and is voted upon by the staff I believe? (Not 100% sure) they download and play the map before making the final verdict on whether or not it will be accepted into MCSG. If accepted, the tier's of the chests are handled by the staff (Not sure how exactly) and will then be released with the next wave of new MCSG maps. Hope this helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci