• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Help PVP

Funky_Villager

Tribute
Reaction score
Something that really helps me is circling the enemy, when you're in melee range.

deadzombiesyum

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey all, Im still pretty new to the game and I've played multiple times already and have gotten to deathmatch most of the time. I do great with arrows and a bow, but when it comes to using axe's or swords I am horrible for some reason? I am pressing it and it hits them but they STILL seem to kill me.

For example, I had a stone sword from corn and found someone with a wooden sword and they were able to kill me even when I had gear on. Im not sure what Im doing wrong? I am playing on a laptop so I use my touchpad to look around and press to hit.

What is this "blocking" I am hearing about?
2 Things. I used to play on a laptop and it is 500 times harder. If you want to get really good, get a mouse. However, if you can't get a mouse there are some teqniques you can use:
1) Use secondary items during PvP
This means flint n' steel and fishing rods. Practice using flint n' steel on an oncoming enemy. It will take away 1/3 of their hearts after the full fire.
2) Strafe!!!!
Since you won't be able to click as fast on a laptop, I highly suggest against doing the attack through and turn around tactic. Strafing will minimize the hits that your opponent gets on you as well, therefore giving you more time to get your hits of.
3) Sneak Attack
This one is pretty self-explanitory :p

Hope I helped you out!!!!!

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
As Funky_Villager said, best thing to do is circle the enemy, confuse them as much as you can. Click your mouse like an animal, never hesitate in a fight, always try to stay on the offensive. If you try to run while low on health, you will more than likely still end up dying. Use flint and steel to get the upper hand, but don't overuse it. Try lighting one block, even if you miss the person, fight him/her. Do not use your touch pad, get any mouse, wireless or wired (preferably a gaming mouse). Apart from that, all you need is practice, play solo and you will get better. Don't rely on teammates.

agentkiller158

District 13
Reaction score
Hey all, Im still pretty new to the game and I've played multiple times already and have gotten to deathmatch most of the time. I do great with arrows and a bow, but when it comes to using axe's or swords I am horrible for some reason? I am pressing it and it hits them but they STILL seem to kill me.

For example, I had a stone sword from corn and found someone with a wooden sword and they were able to kill me even when I had gear on. Im not sure what Im doing wrong? I am playing on a laptop so I use my touchpad to look around and press to hit.

What is this "blocking" I am hearing about?
Axes*

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
i circle, block hit, sneak up, and click fast. things that in time will get easier.

DaPieHD

Career
Reaction score
Really, all you need is a mouse and you should be good to go xD

hyper_attitude

Survivor
Reaction score
I find block hitting extremely easy to do for example i took on a guy in iron and chain armour while i had leather. I block hit and absolutely demolished him ....

Johnnycentral1

Survivor
Reaction score
The thing is, I took my mouse from my desktop computer and plugged it into my laptop and it seems alot harder to use for some reason.

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
Wellll it's probably not you, just that others are more experienced. Strafing seems to help alot, but you need to be able to hit your target, if that's what your having trouble with. Strafing is just walking/jumping around your target. It's harder to do with a track pad in my opinion. Get a mouse, and it you don't like the sensitivity (or how fast you look around/how quickly the cursor moves), you can always change it in your settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci