• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Heart of the Mountain - MCSG

Is this map good enough for MCSG?

• Total voters

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok, I've downloaded the map and flown around on it a bit. It looks like an AMAZING map, and all the buildings are beautiful! But there are a couple things which would annoy me. There is nothing I can say that's wrong about the map itself, but in a game of Survival Games, here are some things that I would say need changing:

For example, the soul sand in the cornucopia. That would make corn looting at night difficult, and running to corn to get your loot at the beginning of the game a bit more annoying for some people.

The wolves in one of the corners of the map seem a bit overpowered. If you manage to get a couple bones and tame the wolves, there is a higher chance you can win the game just because of that. (Screenshot of wolves wouldn't upload)

Some little things that annoy me about the map itself, not in a game of Survival Games are:

There is a sign I found that was spelled wrong (Screenshot included). I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but it's little things like these that annoy me too :p If there are more than this I don't know, I don't feel like flying around looking for signs :) (Vegetable Crops if you didn't know)

Another thing is the doors. In every building I saw, the doors were on the inside swinging out. That annoys me, whether it's a problem or not is for you to decide. But every door to a house I've seen in real life swings inwards, and it looks so much better "flush" with the outside wall of the building in my opinion.
Your opinion and suggestions are very much appreciated! I'm glad you went as in depth as to check my spelling hahaha and I'm so picky with my spelling, if that had made it into a community map I would have crapped the bed! Thank you! So I'll address your points and let you know what's up!

Soulsand - This is absolutely intentional, almost the same way as the water is in breeze. Just something that makes you think about what you're doing, and how you're doing it. You'll have to getting a sprinting jump in if you want to be the first to the chests! And the soulsand on the outside will make the deathmatch runners really have to keep their eyes open.

Sign - Holy crap thanks lol I'll triple check the rest.

The doors - I thought about it and even though it may just be your opinion, I totally agree. Realistically doors are usually flush in real life, and what is minecraft but our exact representation of real life! hahahah jk! But I am going to change them all :)

The wolves - I've decided that it is a bit overpowered if someone comes up with enough bones to get them all. So I'm reducing them to only 1 in the pen, and 1 *escaped* which I'll hide.

If you have any more feedback let me know! I really do appreciate it!

Oooh and side note http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/map-idea-customized-testificate-trades.21724/page-2#post-242208 Throwing in 3 hidden Testificates with some custom trades. Just a trail, to see what the community thinks!

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Updated to 1.2! Check it out.

Changes made to upload:

1 - Removed *all* random placed glowstone and added nicer/ more natural lighting (as far as I know)
2 - Moved enchanting table, replaced it with a chest.
3 - Added cave at x-708 y22 z280 leading to new enchanting table
4 - Added new platform at x-808 y8 z318 leads to a safe house - redstone gravel bridge from roof.
5 - Small safehouse at x-798 y9 z300 with tunnel from new platform
6 - "Eviction Switch" Added above small safehouse at x-798 y38 z300
7 - Made red mushrooms less common
8 - 6 new treasure chests

1 - Removed 1 wolf, and moved another to a hidden location.
2 - Reversed the direction of all doors.
3 - Added 3 hidden testificates with special trades.
4 - Added new location to access at x-771 y30 z283
5 - 3 new treasure chests.

And as always, if you want all the coords for the treasures, message me.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/heart-of-the-mountain---mcsg-hunger-games-map/

Reaction score
You should use "Two Steps From Hell - To Glory" in the official final trailer, as it matches a SG map much better. ;)

And also, add some natural mobs around, as they will give you levels you can use for enchanting. Or you can have enchantment bottles in dispenser and/or in village trades.

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Hahah that name is epic! And thanks again for the testificate idea! I do have a few mobs already added, livestock, wolves. What I forgot to do was throw in a ton of bats! But what I thought as far as xp goes, is fishing. There are areas that you can seclude yourself and really grab some xp if you want to. 1 fish will give you about 1/4 to 1/5 of an xp bar!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Hahah that name is epic! And thanks again for the testificate idea! I do have a few mobs already added, livestock, wolves. What I forgot to do was throw in a ton of bats! But what I thought as far as xp goes, is fishing. There are areas that you can seclude yourself and really grab some xp if you want to. 1 fish will give you about 1/4 to 1/5 of an xp bar!
It takes 6 fish to get the first XP level. And all the natural mobs I saw (chickens, cows, pigs) were in pretty much the same spot, which seems a bit too easy.

I flew around the map a lot more actually, and found a few locations that deserve chests. This is on the version before your update, so sorry if you've already added them to these spots.

2013-02-06_15.46.32.png

This is down the cave with the eviction switch, that little hole over there should have a chest :) I made sure it was accessible through a little parkour jump off the stairway.

2013-02-06_15.47.40.png

This is at the sawmill house, and I found a little hole that should have a chest :) I thought it was the perfect spot.

There is also a small cave with lava at coordinates x: -675, z: 300, y: 19 (roughly there). I couldn't find a chest there, so sorry if there is :p

Also, ABUSE OF EPICNESS:
2013-02-06_15.56.03.png

Sorry, I just loved this. You have to shoot the button which is pretty much blocked by the crosshair and it actives pistons which push out the stone bricks on the side and you have to make it across :) I just loved it :p

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Hahah it's funny you added that first screen, because now there's actually a vine that drops there to a grotto/ inner watering hole with 2 chests in it!
And next update (maybe tomorrow since I took a vacation day at work) I'm gonna toss some bats and maybe some spiders and zombies in the caved areas. I don't want to make it likely that they could knock you off a spot into deadly lava or a long drop to the ground lol.

I think initially I didn't add a chest under those logs because I have a few on top, but I think it would be fair to put one there, only because now the map has expanded a ton since I did that top wooded area (added all the ridges and cliffs after)
And the wooden buttons are under-rated! Doesn't it feel like you're playing zelda now???

Thanks for the input! The next time I update (like I said tonight or tomorrow) I'm throwing in an easter egg with your name on it for the continued input and support! :p

Edit: and I found that spot with the lava you were talking about, right below in the coal ore there's a chest, but I also just threw one up on top too :D

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Hahah it's funny you added that first screen, because now there's actually a vine that drops there to a grotto/ inner watering hole with 2 chests in it!
And next update (maybe tomorrow since I took a vacation day at work) I'm gonna toss some bats and maybe some spiders and zombies in the caved areas. I don't want to make it likely that they could knock you off a spot into deadly lava or a long drop to the ground lol.

I think initially I didn't add a chest under those logs because I have a few on top, but I think it would be fair to put one there, only because now the map has expanded a ton since I did that top wooded area (added all the ridges and cliffs after)
And the wooden buttons are under-rated! Doesn't it feel like you're playing zelda now???

Thanks for the input! The next time I update (like I said tonight or tomorrow) I'm throwing in an easter egg with your name on it for the continued input and support! :p

Edit: and I found that spot with the lava you were talking about, right below in the coal ore there's a chest, but I also just threw one up on top too :D
Wow, awesome :) I would definitely not like if you added spiders and zombies, because I feel like if they can't spawn in the darkness naturally, the shouldn't be there at all. I think it would just annoy some people, and surprise/confuse some noobs.

Wooden buttons are most definitely under-rated. Actually, I didn't like them all that much myself until now :p And I haven't played much of Zelda, because I was never much of a fan (my friend loved it, so I played it with under his supervision sometimes :p). From what I know, it does at least feel a bit like Zelda :)

Oooo I've never had an easter egg of my own before :p I would have put one in a lobby I made if I would have bothered to make one :p Thanks :)

And I found the chest in the coal ore before I posted this, I just considered that to be a chest in the mine part, and thought the cave part needed a bit too. :)

Reaction score
Bats + fishing + cooking + trading equals ENCHAAANTING.

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Well here is what I feel is the last update as far as this map goes. There's not a lot of room left for me to throw things in. With 220 downloads now, a few diamonds on planetminecraft -- I think this map has shown potential. Hopefully Chad sees it and throws this into the MCSG for the v2 update!

Here's the changelog, but don't let it fool you -- I put a lot of crap in here, and the new "areas" are pretty in depth. Lots of redstone added, some traps, some cool caves and a bunch more chests!

If you see any problems, or have any suggestions, leave them here and I'll get back to you!

1 - Added new area at x-802 y51 z343 (HalfSquirrel's Tomb)
2 - Added new area at x-687 y51 z333
3 - Added new areas/cliffs inside corn sphere-area
2 - Added a few spiders and many bats
3 - 18 new chests (2 doubles)
4 - Minor touch ups to stone/ lighting/ vines/ mushrooms

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
The download link isn't working now. It doesn't bring me to the file, it brings me to the homepage of mediafire...

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
The download link isn't working now. It doesn't bring me to the file, it brings me to the homepage of mediafire...
Hopefully fixed that now, the last letter of the url was missing >.< Sorry!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci