• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Have you noticed yet MCSG?

Perkins

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm already missing the server. :< I get that there were problems amongst the players that generated a lot of drama (apparently), and I appreciate that the staff acted upon it before it escalated into something totally destructive, but I really wish that the situation got handled a bit differently, maybe some kinda warning or some quick trial changes to the way the server worked... oh well, in the end it seems like it was a lose-lose situation.

Something to note: I can bet we won't be seeing survival in any form reappear for several months. From the sounds of things, Chad/the staff want to try a new kind of multiplayer survival server. Like it or not, we're a pretty insignificant and controversial portion of the community, so the work that will be needed to brainstorm, code, implement and trial an experimental plugin will get attached to the bottom of the already massive list of work the devs need to do. If we get Survival back, it'll probably be a Christmas present.

One last thing... why hasn't there been an official announcement yet? Even if removing an entire section of MCGamer didn't affect *that* many people, I feel like clearing up some of the myths around such a sudden and unprecedented (maybe?) action and notifying the whole community would be beneficial.

MNGLOGANp

Diamond
Reaction score
>never more then 120 players on survival
>4,000 - 5,000 on mcsg
a quarter, i think not

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, if people feel like teaming, they'll team. Just because a person doesn't have a faction tag sitting right next to their name doesn't make them any less of a faction. There will still be disputes between large groups of people so I really don't see any solution to this.

Toe

District 13
Reaction score
MCSg is different in everyones eyes, and I believe that MCSG is still running strong!

radtak1

Diamond
Reaction score
Well if you count the 40 that are always afk in the hub as people that actually play, and then the only good server thats left, the Survival Games, then the aprrox amount of servers active at a time is 60, each holds 24 with 10 48 man servers. Do the math, 400 is about a quarter of whats left of the MCSG population.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well if you count the 40 that are always afk in the hub as people that actually play, and then the only good server thats left, the Survival Games, then the aprrox amount of servers active at a time is 60, each holds 24 with 10 48 man servers. Do the math, 400 is about a quarter of whats left of the MCSG population.
MCSG has had over 2 million unique player logins all time, and has thousands of active players. There is an average of around 3000 people on the MCG network at any given time throughout the day. 400 players is a very high estimation of people who have permanently left MCG because of survival shutting down. We lost a negligible percent of players. You're not convincing me.

wooders1996

Career
Reaction score
There are 5 other areas of the hubs aswell, EU, US, CA, AU, AS. All have MCSG servers. The average amount of players on at once is about 6000. and this is maintaining.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci