• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hacker

BiscuitCrisp

Survivor
Reaction score
If you know the other player is hacking and you team with them you should be punished
Not exactly because that is not fair to the player who is not breaking the rules just teaming with a hacker is not punishable unless the person is breaking a rule them self and no they should not because the person that is hacking will get punished

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Yeah, but it obvious when the player is hacking. I have evidence of a hacker who ive reported twice, who has teamed with the same players.
Then report them for boosting. Boosting wins with a hacker is a bannable offense.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Teaming with a hacker is not bannable, and likely never will be because it is a easily disputable case.

Someone could say they didn't know the player was hacking, that they weren't actually teamed, or various other excuses. Though they likely aren't true, it would still make for a lot of controversy, and issues with the rule, likely ending in many people's bans being pardoned.

Players who team with hackers are often times hacking themselves, and will also be dealt with appropriately.

It's also something to take into consideration that simply teaming with a hacker isn't necessarily causing any harm on your part. Teaming with someone who's cheating isn't the best thing to do, but the only person truly at fault is the person using the hacks.

There is also the possibility that the player taking with the hacker is boosting, in which cause that is a bannable offense, though it is something that a large amount of evidence to back it up needs to be supplied :)

Cinci | Kame

Platinum
Reaction score
If you know the other player is hacking and you team with them you should be punished
The problem with that is, there is no clear way that someone could report that. The friend could just say he didn't know that the guy was hacking, also there would be a LOT of controversial bans being dealt out if this got implemented. Boosting seems like what you are describing here, which is getting a team and having them /kill at deathmatch repeatedly to "boost" the amount of wins that the player has. If that is the case, you would need a lot of evidence to support that, including video evidence, leaderboard statistics, and trying to find the times that player's died repeatedly. Teaming with a hacker isn't against the rules, because there is no way to prove that the person teaming with the hacker even knew that the person had hacks.

Let's say a new player joins the server. He asks someone to team with him so LeafyGreenTea says he would team. The new player sees leafy go and kill everyone at once and thinks "wow leafy is really really good!". Now, is it the new player's fault that he teamed with a hacker? Even if the hacks were obvious, how can you prove that the person knew? Some people may not be able to tell what are hacks. We shouldn't punish them for that.

Another example would be if an experienced player teamed with a hacker. Now, if someone reported the hacker and the legit teammate got banned as well, he would be easily be able to dispute it. He could just say he didn't know the guy was hacking. There is nothing that the staff can do to read their minds to decide whether he is telling the truth or not. He could be completely lying but there is no proof that someone can grab that will prove that they knew the person was a hacker. And honestly, if the hacker gets banned, that kind of solves the problem in itself. The teammate will no longer have an unfair advantage by teaming with a hacker.

I personally teamed with a hacker before. Granted I had no idea he was hacking until later, because I never saw him pvp someone. And when I did, I saw nothing that suggested hacks, there was no head flipping or anything of the like at my angle of view. The only reason I figured out he was hacking was when I was spectating and I saw him fight someone and he completely wrecked them. It was obvious hacks there. Now, should I be banned for that? Of course when we fought in deathmatch he turned his hacks off, so I had no idea he was hacking at the time.

So long story short, merely teaming with a hacker probably will never be ban able due to the fact of all the conspiracy and guesswork that would go into it. The hacker should get banned, but the legit player should remain fine. Now boosting is a whole different story. But that requires quite a bit of evidence to prove.

JohnWharton

Spectator
Reaction score
1). Does a persons records get deleted if they have been banned twice??????????

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
1). Does a persons records get deleted if they have been banned twice??????????
If a player has been permanently banned, they are ranked 0 until unbanned, and if they aren't unbanned, they will remain at rank 0.

ButterBacca87

Survivor
Reaction score
I teamed with a hacker before I just realized there was no way I could win and I said team please and we teamed I did win that match because he had full iron and a stone sword the other guy had a diamond sword and he was kinda low I cleaned him up is that against the rules?

Reaction score
This is basically saying if you are associated with a rule-breaker, they should be banned.

• Now let's say I was teaming with someone who always cusses. If he continues, would it be fair if I got banned? No. Not at all, as I was not the one brewing the rules. Same thing goes with teaming with hackers.
  • Someone can easily make up an excuse such as, "I wasn't teaming with him" or "I didn't know he was hackng", when in reality, you don't know what they are thinking. Would it be fair if you got banned for this? No. Would it be fair if anyone got banned for this? No.
  • Catching people team can be very hard, especially if you need to punish them. They could of just been playing smart and trying to get the stuff before said hacker gets it. They wouldn't be teaming, but just rather fighting over the stuff + the kill. This would waste mods time, causing a slow down of other, actual rules breakers being punished. You would prefer the hackers being banned more, wouldn't you?
Okay, I'm getting off track, but you know what I mean, right? It just wouldn't work.

*I know half the things I said were most likely said before, but I can't be bothered to read it all.*

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Personally, I think that if there is a hacker in a game, all the tributes in that game should be banned too. Chances are, there's a second hacker.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci