• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hacker Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's inevitable that some people will abuse it in the end.
I feel kind of selfish about giving criticism and not formulating a replacement option, but I'll think about a possible solution and let you know.
No, no, no.

I'm sorry I immediately jumped to the conclusion that this idea isn't going to work in the community. I'd just like to mention that I had suggested a sort of reward system for reporting hackers a while back, and it got shot down pretty much instantly...for good reason.

I'll just sum it up in a few words; people are going to want to report a lot of hackers, which means that they may even report people just because they think they're hacking, and don't really pay attention to if they actually were because they want to get their count raised. In the end, this is just going to cause a mass amount of false reports that the poor senior staff have to filter through. People are going to want to consistently pump out reports, and since there are a finite amount of hackers that someone can find over a certain period of time, it's inevitable that some (or many) of them are false accusations.

And come on guys, your reward for successful reporting hackers should just be the satisfaction knowing there's one less rule breaker on the server we all love, but obviously there seems to be an insatiable crave for rewards and recognition.

One last thing; I think the staff want to keep the banning of hackers a private thing, and someone can easily crop the screen and photoshop a picture that resembles the approval that they would receive without it being legitimate.
Oh wait this is a new rank suggestion?

I thought it was a little player thing that we would have ourselves just to make us feel better about ourselves?

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Oh wait this is a new rank suggestion?

I thought it was a little player thing that we would have ourselves just to make us feel better about ourselves?
Nah, I know it's something just in a thread, but the same thing would most likely occur...just on a smaller scale, unless this thread gets extremely popular in a short amount of time :p

Miko_

Diamond
Reaction score
Good idea on paper, but the report abuse section would just be spammed with false reports just so the person could receive the highest reporter rank available.

If this was also included in-game, then it would be very difficult to get evidence. Any hacker with a brain will turn off their hacks if they kill someone with a "Detective" prefix beside their name.

Attorah

Platinum
Reaction score
And this is why MCSG are always looking for more mods!
I do believe that people should be encouraged to report, but this idea seems a bit trivial.

Reaction score
Not that bad of an idea, but I don't report hackers via report abuse.

I:
1) Stalk them each game. This is to find out if they do actually hack. The one thing mods hate is to get poked, and go out of their way to see a false report.
2) If they are in fact hacking, I open TeamSpeak, poke a mod, and tell them what server, region, hacks, and the name of the player. After, just let the mod take care of it.

If you do mean reporting hackers through TS too, then I may actually join in on this.

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
I think this is a pretty good idea, and can be a great idea when a few kinks are worked out.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say, but not many people will follow this. I mean I would, as I like to help out the community, but there are certain people in this world that want a reward for what they do..

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
No, no, no.

I'm sorry I immediately jumped to the conclusion that this idea isn't going to work in the community. I'd just like to mention that I had suggested a sort of reward system for reporting hackers a while back, and it got shot down pretty much instantly...for good reason.

I'll just sum it up in a few words; people are going to want to report a lot of hackers, which means that they may even report people just because they think they're hacking, and don't really pay attention to if they actually were because they want to get their count raised. In the end, this is just going to cause a mass amount of false reports that the poor senior staff have to filter through. People are going to want to consistently pump out reports, and since there are a finite amount of hackers that someone can find over a certain period of time, it's inevitable that some (or many) of them are false accusations.

And come on guys, your reward for successful reporting hackers should just be the satisfaction knowing there's one less rule breaker on the server we all love, but obviously there seems to be an insatiable crave for rewards and recognition.

One last thing; I think the staff want to keep the banning of hackers a private thing, and someone can easily crop the screen and photoshop a picture that resembles the approval that they would receive without it being legitimate.
^^^ Thank you Mamiamato24 | Azurdo . Please read what he said for a detailed explanation on why this thread is not a good idea.

We indeed do not want to disclose any information about whether a player may or may not have been hacking. The simple reason for this is to respect the privacy of that certain player at all times.

Due to avoid people making unnecessary abuse reports just to get higher in the ranking and due to maintain the privacy of those reported players,

Thread Locked. Please PM me if you have any further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci