• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Goodbye Alpha, Hello Beta!

6block

Gold
Reaction score

Here is the very first Bukkit plugin tutorial I ever watched. Almost 7 years after watching this tutorial, I've developed plugins that have reached over 250 000 unique players.

I'd say these tutorials aren't bad.

Good luck developing an anti-cheat!
Well, obviously you need background coding experience, he isn't suggesting that ANYONE could do it. The first version of anticheat which patched Fly, Autoclick and Timer was coded in one hour by MasterGBerry. Surely after however many weeks, the server would have a somewhat decent anti-cheat. But at the current time, 5 block reach is still useable and 4 block reach is not even close to detectable going off the number of people who have been consistently cheating throughout Alpha.

Now I'm not suggesting that anti-cheats can be coded in the blink of an eye, but I would have thought maybe slightly more progress would have been made. The server is currently pushing a Beta that is essentially an Alpha with an awful anti-cheat. It barely catches bhoppers, usually relying on a manual staff ban, but consistently makes it awful for those playing legit with how much they are lagged back. Possibly, the man at the top is prioritising the wrong things, but that's just my two cents.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, obviously you need background coding experience, he isn't suggesting that ANYONE could do it.
I had never coded before watching that tutorial. I am (I think) a successful programmer and have had jobs relating to programming thanks to that video series.

Your mileage may vary, but seriously, if you guys think it's easy go for it!

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's keep the discussions civil and on-topic, please. If you want to argue, you can do so in PM's.

While there are many opinions and perspectives on how things can be done better, the fact that patches are being released and development is progressing shows that we are working towards making things better.

We are still far from perfect, but we're now closer to getting there, and that's what the original post celebrates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci