• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Goodbye Alpha, Hello Beta!

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
G'day Tributes! (insert wave emoji here...later)

It's time we bid Alpha farewell and ride our way into the long awaited beauty that is Open Beta, allowing the rest of the world to enter the creation that we've brought back from the dead. It wasn't an easy task, but thanks to the entire MCGamer team from moderators all the way up to Chad and Col, as well as everyone that has participated in our "closed" alpha, have helped shape the server into what it is today and what it will be moving forward.

It's been a long few months with several hundreds of hours of development time (and still rolling! Sorry not sorry, Chad! :kappa:) since the end of August, but it's been time well spent making tweaks, improvements, and overall updates to the entirety of MCGamer. We've upgraded a various number of internal tools, updated backend software/libraries, fixed old standing bugs, introduced new bugs, added some new features... you get the point. It's 2019 -- MCGamer was stuck in 2016; we're in a much better place than when we started off and the servers are better off for it. Hopefully in the near future, we'll post more information about our process from day 1 to today... but, I don't believe you're here to see us ramble on.

Without further ado, and to prevent wasting more time writing this post, here's what you need to know.

MCGamer Alpha Closure & Shutdown
Date:
Thursday, 21 November 2019
Time: 12AM UTC (2 hours from this post!) / 4PM PST (20th) / 6PM CST (20th) / 10AM AEST (21st)

MCGamer Open Beta Launch
Date:
Friday, 22 November 2019
Time: Currently unknown, but anticipated to be in the morning, NA / PST time. More information will be available leading up to the release of Beta.

Probably FAQ
Q:
I've been permanently banned or muted. Will my punishment be lifted?
A: No. Any punishments from Alpha will persist.

Q: Can I keep playing after the Alpha shutdown and before Beta launch?
A: No, the server will be down.

Q: Will stats be reset for Beta?
A: Yes. Alpha Stats will be retained and will likely be tracked in a separate leaderboard, however, the current stats will be reset.

_KenT_

Quantum
Reaction score
Can't wait to play and after the beta for the official open!! :):)

LGBT

Survivor
Reaction score
This might sound contradictory to my earlier thread, HOWEVER

How can you release open beta when there are still so many game breaking bugs and an anti-cheat that could've been coded by literally someone following a youtube tutorial.

I would've ushered you to fix these, then release. But to each is their own.

good luck guys

Last edited by a moderator:

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The system isn't done that is for sure but with the recent positive feedback we been getting with our changes the last few weeks we feel we are in a good state to open the floodgates to get more people on to test. We are not at 100%, that is correct yet ready to let more people on to get additional feedback + testing. Things will be going in a much faster pace with more people on and that is going to help squash these remaining bugs in our system. This is all leading to a full release where things will hopefully mostly bug free and something we can call a full product.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci