• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

GG - good or bad?

How do you feel?

• Total voters

Aldxelm

Diamond
Reaction score
Personally, I don't say GG unless i know them personally because i don't know whether they would be mad or not.

Mango

Mega Nonce.
Reaction score
I played a game last night for some odd reason, and I ended up winning. After taking out a team of two (miraculously) I wanted to let them know that I enjoyed the fight. But instead of saying, "GF", I said, "Good fight." After I won the game itself, instead of saying, "GG", I said, "Good Game".
That's an easy way to help promote the more friendly usage of the term. If there was a sort of "swear filter" that changed GG to Good Game and GF to Good Fight, along with canceling out words such as Rekt, then there might be a smaller issue with things like that.
Mooclan said this some time ago on a completely different thread. I fully agree with this.

Henry

Diamond
Reaction score
Depends. If I playing with my friends and we have an actual "Good Game", then yes, it's fine.

But, if some random person sneaks up on you and 10 hearts you, it's really not a "good game", since you didn't have a fair fight. To avoid being ^ that guy, I say "Gf", which stands for "Good Fight", and I won't say anything at all if it wasn't a good fight in the first place.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
GG just shouldn't be said after teaming someone solo in my opinion. However, if it was like 2 teams against eachother, than it's fine.

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
I see GG as saying that the person tried their best, so I hand it out to most people. Some people who feel it wasn't a fair fight due to being at a disadvantage (e.g. being under-geared or teamed on) tend to see the GG as a negative remark, dealt out sarcastically to say that "Your best wasn't good enough".

In all honesty if they're going to get stressed over 2 letters then they need to take a break.

PandaDoesPvPxD

Platinum
Reaction score
Personally I say 'GG' If i kill say a stacked team. But I mean this respectfully and it really annoys me when people think Im being disrespectful. Because im Saying 'Good game' However I am aware that some people say it disrespectfully, but so what if they do? It is an online game -.- However If i have a good fight in a 1v1, like im 3 hearts or lower, I will say gf as it genuinely was a good fight, and people seem to get less annoyed at that :/

Reaction score
I don't say gg at all. I feel that if the person wants to think it was a good kill or something, let them be happy. I don't say it because people get mad at me for thinking I meant "get good", which gets annoying. Minecraft is a computer game, move on.

Reaction score
I personally would say it's quite a rude and cocky thing to say (like I said my opinion, no hate pl0x). If it was a good fight I don't mind them saying GF but gg it the exact opposite to me. GG is meant to the game, and true gg means it as a good sportmanship. But I don't even see it as that I see it as being a poor sport. Probabley just because when I die in mcsg at the last second right when I think I'm going to win, then I die and then they say gg angers me so much

Reaction score
If there's a Feminine Hygene Product/idiot (whatever you want to call it) saying "GG" or "Get rekt" all the time, if I kill him or he dies, I will say "GG Get rekt noob l2p", because that's what they deserve, and I love watching these douches rage after that xD. Now, I say GG when I kill someone if there was a good fight or if someone wins the game, or I do, and I say GG, but people think I say it with a negative way.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I personally would say it's quite a rude and cocky thing to say (like I said my opinion, no hate pl0x). If it was a good fight I don't mind them saying GF but gg it the exact opposite to me. GG is meant to the game, and true gg means it as a good sportmanship. But I don't even see it as that I see it as being a poor sport. Probabley just because when I die in mcsg at the last second right when I think I'm going to win, then I die and then they say gg angers me so much
GF is ok depending on the context. If the person you are fighting kills you with very low health left, then yeah saying GF is fine since it was a GF. But, if they have good health still and really they rekt you then it is just cocky.

1qw3er5t6y

Career
Reaction score
Acceptable: Good fight man, I ended up on 6 hearts.

Unacceptable: gg6 r3kt

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Acceptable: Good fight man, I ended up on 6 hearts.

Unacceptable: gg6 r3kt
I don't know why some people feel that "gg" alone falls under unacceptable. I can understand when people say other stupid stuff like that, but some people get riled up about nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci