• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

GET RID OF UNPOPULAR MAPS!

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
I'm fully aware how to do it I am quite experienced in building the main point behind my statement is it's far to much trouble especially given mcg would need to map makers permission to make such a large edit to the map.
Experienced, maybe. Skilled? Hmm I'll have to think on that one

Every map thread has a signed agreement that says MCG is allowed to make edits to maps for gameplay changes... That should include changing the radius should it not? It's not like adding a new building or anything

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Experienced, maybe. Skilled? Hmm I'll have to think on that one

Every map thread has a signed agreement that says MCG is allowed to make edits to maps for gameplay changes... That should include changing the radius should it not? It's not like adding a new building or anything
I'm aware of the agreement(I put it there) and there no need to be rude also team elites maps don't have that more do red forests if I remember correctly. Lastly that was made to cover small edits something like making the map smaller it would be polite and imo morally correct to ask them.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
I'm aware of the agreement(I put it there) and there no need to be rude also team elites maps don't have that more do red forests if I remember correctly.
Then that kinda defeats the purpose of an agreement hey? Also I will say what I like about build teams and builders, especially when they pretend to be better than they are. I hate everybody equally though ;)

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Then that kinda defeats the purpose of an agreement hey? Also I will say what I like about build teams and builders, especially when they pretend to be better than they are. I hate everybody equally though ;)
That still no reason to be rude when u have never seen me build last time I led a map was 2 years ago however I build on a lot of things that are seen as great builds with out people knowing now let drop this before we get in to a argument as that would be unwise :)

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
That still no reason to be rude when u have never seen me build last time I led a map was 2 years ago however I build on a lot of things that are seen as great builds with out people knowing now let drop this before we get in to a argument as that would be unwise :)
You're still wrong but fine have it your way /r/rant/

Edit: the reason why I am "rude" is because I start with the presumption that every builder is unskilled and unworthy of recognition unless they prove themselves otherwise. Most people on mcgamer hide inside a team and as such I have no idea what they are capable of. Thus they get no special treatment from me

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
People often don't realize that having maps that are small and OP tiering doesn't necessarily mean the map will be popular. The following maps have both of those but aren't popular (arguably):

Hokuno, Elysia, Oz, United Nation, Pompeii, Section Six, Winterhaven (a tad larger than most but incredibly OP tiering), Inertia (pre-nerfed tiering), Mausoleum, etc etc.

That doesn't mean that the maps you listed are good maps. I would argue that 50% of the non-CB maps should be removed by lack of quality. Personally, these are the maps I would remove even if it were fixed (and I could give an explanation as to why for each):

Autogrill, Origins, Hokuno, United Nation, Mausoleum, Bayside, Teweran SG, SG3, Fortune Island, Mortal Skies.

The rest need simple things like a retiering or the radius reduced, things that would take me 10 minutes to do average, maybe 20 mins max per map
xD like half of your "remove maps" are in my top 10.... D;, Honestly I think its a matter of opinion

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
xD like half of your "remove maps" are in my top 10.... D;, Honestly I think its a matter of opinion
True, everyone can have different opinions on which maps should be removed or kept... People are still mad about things like freeze island. I try to keep my opinions on good/bad maps on what the majority of players will want. There's always people that dislike everything or like everything; you can't please 'em all

ThatTyle

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm just gonna leave this here.

Imagine if this particular idea was actually pushed through (assuming that people would actually be smart enough to go with an idea even close to yours).

What is going to happen? We're going to get threads (probably made by you again) that is saying the exact opposite thing. Bring new maps.

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
lol ok so just because YOU like certain maps all the ones YOU don't like have to be removed? and yes, I know some people may agree with you but others, like myself won't. I enjoy more of the actual surviving in the "survival" games rather than the (basically) kit pvp. SG2 definitely needs a re-tier but should never be removed, origins is amazing and so is fortune island, and mockingjay and bayside i don't personally play very often but are both well built and liked by many.

edit: also in my opinion valleyside, alaskan village and overplayed, sg adrenaline is not very well built(although i like the tiering) and sg4 and zone85 are boring. I usually leave if these maps are chosen but just because i personally don't like them as much as others doesn't mean i want them removed.....
did you say sg4 was boring and say sg2 is exciting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci