• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Gaming LAPTOP help?

E

Ephiza

This is probably a really stupid question, but is it possible to have a pc that's easy to packup (doesn't take 40 mins to set up) like I said my parents are divorced.
That would really depend on your SSD speed, along with your OS. Windows 8 may backup faster, but the GUI is quite clunky. (Not a stupid question btw)

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
That would really depend on your SSD speed, along with your OS. Windows 8 may backup faster, but the GUI is quite clunky. (Not a stupid question btw)
What is SSD, OS and GUI ?

(I'm really stupid sorry)

E

Ephiza

What is SSD, OS and GUI ?

(I'm really stupid sorry)
SSD is a type of harddrive, that is much much faster, but has very limited storage space (most gaming laptops come with these, since they where built for a couple games at a time, not a whole library)

OS: Operating System. Windows 7 or Windows 8 (imo, would wait for windows 9)

GUI: The interface

You aren't stupid, you just aren't nerdy and geeky like me :p

Phippsey3

Platinum
Reaction score
you can build a $300 gaming pc --->
<--- (specs) but i don't think you can get a laptop for that price

E

Ephiza

you can build a $300 gaming pc --->
<--- (specs) but i don't think you can get a laptop for that price
Nah. He is most likely going to get a 60 FPS monitor, which imo is horrible getting 30 fps with that. If you're going to build a PC, get a $600+ to get a PC for gaming.

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
much better builds for 300 usd, just look in the comments :)
Okay so basically here's the deal. I have a laptop right now, I get 40-50 without rec or teamspeak. If you add teamspeak, I get 20. If you add recording, I get 0. I go to my dad every other weekend, and my friends like once a week. Do you think it would be more beneficial for me to get a decent pc ($600-$700) or a not so great gaming laptop ($600-$700). If I got the pc I would obviously keep it at my moms. Remember, I want 60 frames on medium settings well recording with teamspeak.

E

Ephiza

Okay so basically here's the deal. I have a laptop right now, I get 40-50 without rec or teamspeak. If you add teamspeak, I get 20. If you add recording, I get 0. I go to my dad every other weekend, and my friends like once a week. Do you think it would be more beneficial for me to get a decent pc ($600-$700) or a not so great gaming laptop ($600-$700). If I got the pc I would obviously keep it at my moms. Remember, I want 60 frames on medium settings well recording with teamspeak.
If you really want to record and stuff while at friends houses/dad's house, get a laptop. I would recommend building a PC yourself or buying one on a sight like IBuyPower :)

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
If you really want to record and stuff while at friends houses/dad's house, get a laptop. I would recommend building a PC yourself or buying one on a sight like IBuyPower :)
Can find me a pc that would work for what is ant?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci