• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Gamemode Spotlight - Deadly Descent Week 2

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score

Leaderboard

Welcome to week 2 of Gamemode Spotlight! After some intense Deadly Descending last week, we were able to begin our tournament leaderboard. Players received a different amount of points each round for placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Points were also rewarded just for attending. After tallying up the points, here is the top 10 so far:

1)
croe97

2)
PhreakDubz

3)
Rebel_Guy

4)
Qweas

5)
Isaacswag

6)
GreenLion

7)
Violetheart17

8)
Lovel

9)
TheFPSPanda

10)
Hindsight​

Didn’t make it to the leaderboards? Don’t worry! Each tournament will contribute to the overall leaderboards. The next tournament date and time will be at Friday, February 13th - 8:00PM CST. Just log into our Teamspeak (ts.mcgamer.net) and poke a moderator to join one of our custom Deadly Descent channels which should be up about 10-20 minutes before the event. All you have to do is be in one of our channels to participate!

Featured Tips

“Watch your hunger. Super important, because if you don't you can't regen health.” -[B][COLOR=#0000ff]violetheart17[/COLOR][/B]

“Try not to jump when making it to another block if not needed below you. It can save you around half a heart when low allowing you to be ahead of your opponent meaning a higher chance on winning the game.” -[B][COLOR=#0000ff]Thunder_Strikez[/COLOR][/B]

“Take your time, wait for food” -[B][COLOR=#0000ff]qweasdrtyfgh[/COLOR][/B]

“Choose the kit "FeatherWeight" as it can prevent the most damage.” -[B][COLOR=#0000ff]kaneakua[/COLOR][/B]

“Just like in SG, have a route. If you find a way that works for you, then use it, but don't be afraid to search for different paths if you feel like you can find a better one.” -[B][COLOR=#0000ff]violetheart17[/COLOR][/B]

"The block placement isn't dynamic, so you can plan your entire decent!" -[B][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 255)]croe97[/COLOR][/B]

Player Submitted Maps

Next week we will be featuring Deadly Descent maps! To properly build a DD map, follow these guidelines:

• The map should be between 40 to 70 blocks in radius.

• The map must have plenty of viable ways to get to the ground level. In other words, everyone must have a chance.

• The map can be as tall as you like.

• There must be a spawn point above the map where users will begin their descent.

• The 'floor' can be made out of any material except for things like portals, lava, etc. Basically any block is fine.

• The map must be inescapable.
The featured map will have a chance to be used on MCGamer! So, if you think you have a talent for building difficult parkour or an eye for spiraling blocks of terror, submit your maps and at least 3 screenshots and a download link here.

Submissions will be due on Wednesday, February 18th - 11:59PM CST

Questions?

Feel free to message Vanicle or kjh567 if you have specific questions! Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Last edited:

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Good job to everyone! Unfortunately, I couldn't make it as there was a Staff Q&A. I will try and make this week's tournament!

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Congrats to those in the top ten! I hope I can make it for the next tournament. :3

SUPERVIP101

Platinum
Reaction score
I might enter the contest :p However I've got a MCSG map to finish Cx

H

Hindsight

I got 10th! I am really happy I am even in the leaderboard. Now I have to practice, got to go.

Sincerely, Lauren

Desk

Spectator
Reaction score
The featured map will have a chance to be used on MCGamer! So, if you think you have a talent for building difficult parkour or an eye for spiraling blocks of terror, submit your maps and at least 3 screenshots here.

:'(

Kyle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The submission form should be public now, sorry about that!

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
Never ever played DD - I want to, but no-one is ever on. This might be interesting next time...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci