• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Stable [Game] Build 203 - 26 September 2015

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Game Server Build 203
Deployed on 26 September 2015

Changes since last changelog (#180):
  • Anticheat improvements
    This release is essentially all about anticheat improvements. We fixed some issues with NCP that caused it to be much less effective at stopping certain hacks than it should've been (i.e. FastBow).
  • Future anticheat improvements
    In addition, this release lays the groundwork for plenty of future anticheat improvements. This update includes ways to detect hacks that weren't previously being detected; however, no action is being taken on them at the current moment: XAC is collecting data from our players and reporting it back to us so we can ensure our logic is as flawless as can be (as in, so we can ensure we won't be banning innocent players) before we set it loose on banning hackers. If all goes well, we'll release another update soon to enable automatic punishments for these new detection algorithms.
  • Sidebar: Add MCGamer branding to the bottom of the game sidebars
Changes since last released build (#202, released early morning):
  • Fix an issue that would cause a very limited selection of maps to be available in voting
Changes since build #201 (released very early morning):
  • Fix an issue that would make our servers DDoS Slack with messages. Sorry, Slack. <3

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
You can DDoS Slack with messages??!!!

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
You can DDoS Slack with messages??!!!
We accidentally left a little tidbit of debug code in the original production push... I'm sure it didn't affect their service any, but it did spam us with about 10,000 messages in 30 minutes. :p

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
We accidentally left a little tidbit of debug code in the original production push... I'm sure it didn't affect their service any, but it did spam us with about 10,000 messages in 30 minutes. :p
Jesus christ. I assume you used a hook to get your servers to link with slack?

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Jesus christ. I assume you used a hook to get your servers to link with slack?
Yeah, Slack supports incoming webhooks, which let you send data from external sources into Slack. We use it mainly for alerting of potential issues, but also occasionally for debugging.

Ravens

Spectator
Reaction score
When Are You Going To Fix The Flint And Steel Charge Glitch And When Was This Impliminted. Continoue To Do your best And Try fixing Fast Eat And The Hack Where you aim and shoot with the bow Thanks

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Really glad to hear you guys were aware of the huge flaws with anti cheat, and I'm so glad it's being worked on! Hopefully it collects very positive information rather than lots of false positives :)

Thanks for the work Devin!

Oh, and by the way... Tenebrous12321

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci