• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

G3T R3KT - Competitive? or Disrespectful?

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
My friend told me to say ez I did and boom it said it had been logged...gg

Reaction score
Personally think in any form of competitive activity, Trash talk is present, and is part of the nature of many games, what if people find other ways of including trash talk, yeah you can filter them, but then it basically takes away all form of communication within the nature of the game. Of course people play for fun, but i think you just have to accept that trash talk is always gonna be present between many people, purely because of the fact MCSG involves competition, as well as the fact that players do like to win, like who doesnt, filtering will only be a short term solution, if anything

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
Depends on the context and to whom is it being said. the way I see it is a Highly experienced player kills a player who's first game it is and then says "Hahaha Get rekt, gg10 Noob". How do you think the new player would feel? Extremely upset/angry and just wants to leave the network.

Reaction score
Depends on the context and to whom is it being said. the way I see it is a Highly experienced player kills a player who's first game it is and then says "Hahaha Get rekt, gg10 Noob". How do you think the new player would feel? Extremely upset/angry and just wants to leave the network.
But that is the staff viewpoint, i know the viewpoint i used to be a mod, But ever since i've played a little competitively, its hard to ignore the fact that, with having a leaderboard of any sort, there's always got to be a sense of rivalry within it, otherwise all clan wars are pretty useless for example, if there isnt a sense of competition. It's all good thinking about the new player, in terms of growing the network, but you gotta predominantly think about your current players, as they are the people who have played the game, put in the hours, bought the donors. Ignoring the majority of players who pretty much helped grow the network alongside the staff, isnt on.

Araxed

Platinum
Reaction score
But that is the staff viewpoint, i know the viewpoint i used to be a mod, But ever since i've played a little competitively, its hard to ignore the fact that, with having a leaderboard of any sort, there's always got to be a sense of rivalry within it, otherwise all clan wars are pretty useless for example, if there isnt a sense of competition. It's all good thinking about the new player, in terms of growing the network, but you gotta predominantly think about your current players, as they are the people who have played the game, put in the hours, bought the donors. Ignoring the majority of players who pretty much helped grow the network alongside the staff, isnt on.
If someone targets yu for 5 mins and says "get rekt ez" I'm pretty sure thats disrespectful.

Reaction score
If someone targets yu for 5 mins and says "get rekt ez" I'm pretty sure thats disrespectful.
Im not saying it isnt, but i think people are only looking at this from a offense based view, eg, 'ez rekt gg is hurtful etc', But in any game that has some sort of competitiveness, you are gonna receive 'trash talk', and while filtering for the short term is okay, in the long term, taking away aspects of what makes a game competitiveness and enjoyable wont benefit the game at all

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
This isn't competitive or disrespectful, it's just stupid.

Etos

Experienced
Reaction score
This is awesome, I've been in so many games and die often enough to know how many times someone will say something rude or disrespectful, I glad to see the staff are in action to stop all this (for lack of a better word) crap.

Coferic

Gold
Reaction score
I do understand the concept, but aren't there many, many alternatives?
Examples: Dismantled, Mutilated, Eviscerated, Destroyed, Crushed, Crumbled, Trashed, Smashed...

I'm not saying these should be added, it's just something that may conflict with the new filter system. I also recommend adding some alternative words to a list of things "Not to be said" and to be reported if seen. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci